Solutions Architect at City National Bank (Los Angeles, CA)
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
- Participate in the design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Writing great quality code driving towards automated testing and validations
- Participate in POCs to evaluate technologies, patterns, vendor solutions, products etc.
- Support and advise team members on implementation, maintenance and updates of CI/CD pipelines for on-premises and cloud environments
- Work with direct team members explaining the technical and functional needs of business
- Collaborate with multiple enterprise-wide distributed teams to deliver new capabilities
- Look for opportunities to simplify code, existing or new architectures and vendor dependencies
- Recommend rationalization opportunities throughout the portfolio of applications and systems
- Design and develop APIs for Omni-channel, experience, process and system APIs
- Participate in perf testing and make architectural recommendations for improvements
- Prepare design, development and architecture specifications based on NFRs
- Develop conceptual and physical solution design artifacts
- Prepare and deliver artifacts supporting the SDLC
- Analyze and develop data models, logical database designs and data definitions
- Comply with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices. Ensure solution architecture is in line with enterprise conceptual architecture
- Evaluates application software packages and makes recommendations to management.
- Participates with other colleagues in new product reviews, tests, and pilots
- Reviews code and suggests refactoring at the level of code as well as designs
- Advise on secure coding practices
- Participate in RFIs/RFPs for software and technology evaluations
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5+ years of software development experience including UI as well as middle tier and backend
- Minimum of 1-2 years of solution architecture
- Minimum of 1-2 year of experience Cloud development, Microservices and REST API experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with databases and data modeling / design (SQL and NoSQL plus)
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience incorporating security into the application architecture
MUST HAVE one of these focus areas: Risk Technologies (Banking focused) – Fraud, KYC, BSA-AML, OFAC
Skills and Knowledge
- Large application design and implementation experience including architecture and design of modern web, mobile, and integration (cloud/on-premises) platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, and analytical skills is required.
- Experience with Agile development methodology including Scrum, XP, FDD, TDD, and SAFe.
- Enterprise experience with API management toolsets, DevOps, server infrastructure, network infrastructure, caching methodologies, information security, and database technologies
- Experience in developing alternative solution approaches and driving a pragmatic trade-off
- Proven track record of optimizing the development activities with a strong focus on DevOps and automation
- Ability to document solution designs using a variety of approaches (e.g. using UML)
- Experience with DDD, TDD and BDD
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and evaluate for fitness into a specific business context through POCs and other evaluations
- Experience with reviewing code and suggesting refactorings for performance, quality and maintainability and other attributes
- Experienced in designing APIs, scale and secure them. Ability to integrate with internal and external systems and secure those integrations
- Experience with CRM systems like Salesforce
- Experienced in designing using containers and container orchestration platform (e.g., AKS/Docker) is a plus
- Experience working in fully DevOps enabled environment
- Experience with developing coding standards and patterns
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.