Effectual Solution Architects (SAs) are members of the Sales and Business Development team. They ensure that customers have a clear understanding of the technical aspects of Effectual services and that internal delivery teams are provided clear input on project expectations and deliverables. Effectual SAs are “Brand Ambassadors” and are expected to stay current on leading practices to deliver high-quality, well-conceived cloud solutions to customers.What makes a successful DOE?
SAs are skilled technologists who stay current on leading practice, act in the interests of our customers to deliver fit-for-purpose solutions, and ensure that Effectual capabilities are leveraged to achieve defined business outcomes for our customers. Great SA’s are not only tech-savvy but have an excellent aptitude for business operations and business acumen. SA’s are customer oriented and look for the opportunity to solve customer problems. This means SAs dig deep into the client ask and find where we can help, instead of simply stopping at the barriers. SAs are knowledgeable in AWS Cloud technologies, application development methodologies, possess a strong desire to continue to learn about emerging technologies, and a genuine curiosity about customer business and technology issues.Why join Effectual?
Effectual is a modern, cloud first managed and professional services company that works with commercial enterprises and the public sector to mitigate their risk and enable IT modernization. We are a deeply experienced and passionate team of problem solvers who apply proven methodologies to business challenges across Amazon Web Services and VMware Cloud on AWS. Effectual was named VMware Cloud on AWS Growth Partner of the Year by AWS at re:Invent 2021. The company earned Cloud Service Provider of the Year at the Channel Innovation Awards 2021.
Effectual is a validated AWS MSP Partner, holding 200+ AWS Certifications. We achieved the AWS Migration Competency, AWS DevOps Competency, AWS Mobile Competency, AWS SaaS Competency, and AWS Government and AWS Nonprofit Competency designations. Effectual is a member of the AWS Well-Architected and AWS Public Sector Partner Programs as well as the AWS GovCloud (US) and Authority to Operate on AWS Programs. Additionally, Effectual is a VMware Principal Partner in VMware Cloud on AWS.
Employees at Effectual experience a fun, fast paced, and inclusive culture. We cloud strategy & design, application development, migrations, data & analytics and modern cloud management means you may never have to leave the company if you want to learn more and try something new. Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, pet, and life insurances as well as paid time off, 14 holidays and a 401k with company match. Consider joining our team today!Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze current technologies used internally and in the cloud marketplace to determine optimal solutions.
- Work directly with the Sales organization to engage with customers for technical problem definition and context.
- Project definition in parallel to opportunity research
- Document and monitor requirements needed to institute proposed projects
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions
- Work closely with internal delivery professionals within the company to ensure products and service expertise are aligned with the project need
- Work across the SA team to recommend and/or create tools to ensure necessary contributions from various departments
- Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources, and scope
- Define clear goals for technical aspects of a project and ensure communication for their proper execution
- Supporting project delivery team members by:
- Always operating with transparency
- Being responsive to requests from team members for information
- Communicating working preferences and understanding the working preferences of others to help develop a high-performing team that operates with respect, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Supporting the design and build of modern applications by:
- Educating themselves and customers on current application development processes and tools (Agile, Git, DevOps, etc)
- Driving clear understanding of scope and expectations around cost and timeline for net new, modernization projects, and feature add application development.
- Supporting the migration of customers from on-premises environments to AWS through:
- Assisting in the development of migration plans
- Utilization of tools to support assumptions in migration design including:
- RV tools, Clumio, VMware HCX, Veeam, AWS CloudEndure, etc.
- Confirming details of the architecture, design, dependencies, project plan and actions with the delivery team and customer.
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in an Engineering field like computer engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science, or other relevant field.
- Strong working knowledge of leading AWS cloud
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with the application development process, dev ops tools, pipeline stand up and orchestration
- Experience designing, developing, or managing IT and cloud infrastructure
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Ability to work with multiple clients, in parallel
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and time management skills
- AWS certifications (e.g.: Developer Associate, Sysops Administrator Associate, Solution Architect Associate, etc.)
- Experience in software engineering and design architecture preferred
- Proficiency with at least one industry standard orchestration tool (Jenkins, GitLab CI, CircleCI, Morpheus, etc.)
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred
The work is generally performed in an office environment. Physical demands include sitting, keyboarding, verbal communication, written communication. Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Effectual Inc. - An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.