We are ExtraHop. We're on a mission to provide security teams with the intelligence they need to confront and stop advanced threats like supply chain attacks, zero day exploits, and ransomware attacks. Cyber attackers still have the advantage. We’re taking it back with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor. Are you ready to help us reclaim the upper hand?
ExtraHop’s Solutions Architecture team is very different from many other post-sales services practices—we focus on outcomes and customer success rather than racking up billable hours. As a member of our Solutions Architecture team, you’ll play a critical role in the success of our customers, products, and position in the marketplace. Our Architects tackle the most difficult business and technology problems across a vast array of industries and technologies. As a Solutions Architect at ExtraHop, you will never be bored again.
- Conduct deep technical and business discovery sessions with Fortune 500 customers and develop creative solutions to challenges uncovered.
- Analyze customer network topologies and application stacks; develop strategies to acquire high-value data from the wire.
- Profile industry-specific applications across a broad range of verticals; create technical assets and written collateral to support product improvement and marketing efforts.
- Conduct root causes analysis of high-profile technology problems and advises customers on their resolution.
- Develop custom tools using product APIs to extend the functionality of the ExtraHop platform.
- Develop customized data analysis to monitor changing technical and business conditions in real-time.
- Create rich data visualizations to aid tactical investigations and realize strategic objectives.
- Design and implement ExtraHop product deployments to maximize time-to-value and ongoing positive technical outcomes.
- Create automated tools to streamline repeatable processes and maximize time spent building intelligent solutions.
- Conduct hands-on learning sessions with key customer personnel.
Qualifications and Experience
We’re looking for a Solutions Architect who can help us grow to the next level as a company. As a starting point for this position, you’ll need the following background:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Information Technology, particularly networking and systems administration
- Experience in customer-facing positions; excellent interpersonal skills
- Understanding of core networking principles (layers 2 through 4 of the OSI model) and application protocols (HTTP, SQL, CIFS/NFS, HL7, Memcache, DNS)
- Familiarity with principles of internetworked applications and related technologies (HTTP, databases, caching, distributed systems, etc)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Independence, motivation, and desire for practice ownership
- Familiarity with network security, IDS, and SIEM technologies
- Familiarity with security frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK, NIST, or CIS Controls
- Ability to adapt to different enterprise security requirements
- Ability to communicate security hygiene best-practices.
Cyberattackers have the advantage. ExtraHop is on a mission to help you take it back with security that can’t be undermined, outsmarted, or compromised. Our dynamic cyber defense platform, Reveal(x) 360, helps organizations detect and respond to advanced threats––before they compromise business operations. We apply cloud-scale AI to petabytes of traffic per day, performing line-rate decryption and behavioral analysis across all infrastructure, workloads, and data-in-flight. With complete visibility from ExtraHop, enterprises can detect malicious behavior, hunt advanced threats, and forensically investigate any incident with confidence.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., Computerworld, BuiltIn Seattle and Seattle Business Magazine, and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbes named ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of “20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch.” In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
We offer compelling benefits* to our employees, including:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP where applicable
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k with employer match or Pension where applicable
- Pet Insurance (US only)
- Generous Parental Leave
*Benefits outside of the US vary by region.
We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are equally committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability , HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cyber criminals, and insider threats. Ready to join us?