Role: Solutions Architect, Salesforce
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Hippo is a Palo Alto based, Series E Unicorn company leading the modernization of the home insurance and protection industry, which hasn’t innovated in many years. We use technology to create modernized, customer-centric home insurance and proactive maintenance services. We take our hyper-focus on customer satisfaction (buyer simplicity, comprehensive coverage, concierge service) a step further, by offering IoT Smart Home devices for monitoring home health. These devices, together with numerous other data sources (like aerial imagery and predictive actuarial data) allow us to proactively address problems before homeowners even know about them. Our Net Promoter Score (NPS) is consistently 3x those of large insurers.
Hippo is solving complex engineering, compliance, regulatory and operational problems that have immediate impact on this antiquated industry. We're on a strong (but responsible) growth trajectory, with a proven and recession-proof set of products.
You're an expert in understanding complex problems, distilling them into concise requirements and designing scalable solutions that meet the needs of our users.
You’re a self-motivated person with a strong customer focus and the ability to lead new initiatives in an ever-changing environment.
· Translate business requirements into executable solutions that fit our overall strategy and architecture.
· Collaborate closely with business system analysts and stakeholders to validate and uncover new customers’ business requirements.
· Design scalable and sustainable solutions with our technical leaders, while leveraging the latest innovation, by providing detailed design documentation, proofs-of-concept, and prototypes.
· Map out and align solutions to a technology roadmap that falls within our strategic objectives.
· Recognize and weave common objectives among different initiatives into one vision.
· Map out and maintain our application architecture, data architecture, and journey maps of our application experience.
· Support the development team with hands-on ability to troubleshoot, zoom-in on infrastructure problems and zoom-out to recommend alternate paths to resolution.
· Work closely with a team of managers, admins, and developers to realize your solution.
· Minimum of 5 years of Salesforce Solution Architect experience.
· 10+ years of experience working hands-on with the Salesforce platform.
· Strong understanding of overall Salesforce platform and its various product lines.
· Experience in designing, developing, and supporting Salesforce.com implementations in an enterprise environment.
· Strong understanding of software development (agile), common adjacent systems, and infrastructure.
· Experience managing multiple Salesforce initiatives simultaneously.
- Bachelors degree in related technology required
Compensation and Perks
· Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short-term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
· Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO Policy
· Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
· Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Fridays for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known