Solutions Architect - Large Clients at Protocol Labs (Remote)
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
The goal of the Data Programs team is to:
- Expedite data onboarding to Filecoin
- Generate learnings on the onboarding journey in parallel to Large Clients data onboarding
- Create permanent storage for humanity’s most valuable datasets
Guiding Principles - Shoot for long-lasting programs (e.g. perpetual machines that don’t require high maintenance energy). At current date (March, 2022), our baseline is to have the equivalent of 20~30PiB of QA power onboarded (equivalent of at least 3PiB Fil+ a Day).
The Pop Team Focuses on onboarding Large Data Clients
- Ensuring that existing clients have their needs met when it comes to large data onboarding
- Example initiatives:
- Shoah Foundation
- Internet Archive
- Columbia University
As a PL solutions Architect, you will play a critical role in understanding the customer's needs and help design and architect Filecoin in existing enterprise workloads and new Web3 applications. You will be at the forefront of onboarding new customer datasets and be responsible to drive and design new use cases onto the Filecoin network. As a technical evangelist you will be driving awareness through creation of blogs and educational content with the goal to repeat these new use cases across the wide ecosystem of users and storage providers. You will collaborate with the enterprise ISV ecosystem and the Filecoin engineering team to successfully integrate traditional enterprise applications with the Filecoin network.
As a Solutions Architect for Data Programs at Protocol Labs, you will
- Develop solutions for client needs and consolidate common requirements that can be incorporated into more significant (SWE-driven) tool development
- Develop client onboarding best-practices, complementing the existing knowledge and documenting these processes thoroughly.
- Onboard Large Data Clients (Develop Solutions and active “sales”)
- Ensure that existing clients have their needs met when it comes to large data onboarding (developing scripts and leveraging existing tools for data preparation, encryption, transfer)
- Support data engineering required for collecting, aggregating, and visualizing data onboarding efforts.
- Identify distinct user journeys and consolidating/documenting processes and tooling appropriately
- Identify, prioritize, and design high-impact solutions driving new datasets onto the Filecoin network.
- Drive and manage end-to-end technical relationships with top enterprise customers to successfully onboard new datasets.
- Build technical relationships with key tooling and ISV partners to exponentially grow the Web3 communities and proactively integrate new solutions.
- Be an advocate for clients inside of PL and provide input to the technical roadmap.
- Evangelize, inspire, and train teams to successfully build and repeat new use cases
- Guide the ecosystem of customers and partners in how to sell and implement new solutions through reference architectures, how-to’s, whitepapers, webinars, event presence.
You may be a fit for this role if you...
- Have 5+ years of customer facing experience in solutions architecture, technical sales or professional services roles.
- Are comfortable building from the ground up and can assist clients by building user-friendly solutions that make the data onboarding processes more seamless.
- Experience with deploying and integrating applications with scalable and distributed scale-out storage technologies, e.g. scale-out filesystems, on-premises object storage systems, Web3.0 PaaS and SaaS.
- Are willing to pull-up your sleeves and contribute through sample code and presentations to adapt to the customer requirements.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Web 2.0 development platforms, solutions and related technologies. Understanding of DNS, TCP, firewalls, proxy servers, DMZ, VPN, VPC.
- You get a kick out of driving new technologies with emerging customers.
- Domain expert in storage, ideally in archive and backup workflows
- Have strong problem solving, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Have prior experience in running your own startup or high growth teams.
- Strong public speaking and writing skills are required
- Good intuition with Web3 ecosystems and how the industry is evolving.
- Self-starter, and the ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity to deliver results.
- Domain experience in a specific market vertical: Lifesciences, HPC archives, government, ...
- Experience with open source communities / projects
- Experience with distributed/remote orgs
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.