3Cloud is a technology services firm helping clients transform their business through the power of the cloud. We leverage the power of Microsoft Azure to help clients speed up innovation, operate more efficiently and be more responsive to their customer’s needs. As a Microsoft partner we specialize in Azure Migration, Cloud-Scale Custom Application Development, Internet of Things, Analytics and DevOps achieved through Azure-Enabled Infrastructure Automation. 3Cloud is headquartered in Chicago with an office in Dallas.
The Solutions Director is a senior member of 3Cloud’s consulting leadership team. He or she is 3Cloud’s champion for innovation on the Azure platform, specifically through the union of thoughtful products, accelerators, and solutions with intelligent consulting. He or she will be responsible for leading sustained, profitable growth with 3Cloud’s clients, and defining and leading development of a portfolio of intellectual property.
The Solutions Director is responsible for:
- Market Strategy. Work with 3Cloud CTO and other leadership to define solution and product offerings relevant to 3Cloud’s business across practices. Collaborate with sales and marketing to drive lead generation and brand awareness.
- Thought Leadership. Demonstrate competency of the team through internal and external thought leadership. This may include authoring SME-focused collateral (e.g. whitepapers), blogging, participating in social media, speaking at conferences, attending networking events, etc.
- Sales Support. Educate and support the 3Cloud sales team in driving revenue for the company, and directly support strategic sales opportunities, particularly those that involve the use of 3Cloud IP.
- Client Relationships. Develop relationships with key client stakeholders, service as a trusted advisor to them during their transformation to an Azure-based technology platform.
- Solution Development. Lead packaging of solution offerings across practices and enable sales teams.
- Product Development. Lead ideation and development of internal and external IP in support of business initiatives. Develop IP and solutions that drive cross practice and cross business line opportunities.
- IP Harvesting and Cultivation. Capture and develop intellectual property (IP) for use in sales support and delivery disciplines. Drive continuous improvement.
- Recruiting Talent. Actively work to attract talent to 3Cloud and participate in the interviewing and hiring process.
- Serve as part of 3Cloud’s senior delivery leadership team in coordinating services functions and client experience across service lines.
- Own direct revenue metric related to sale of intellectual property.
- Own indirect revenue (revenue influence) metric related to profitable use of intellectual property.
- Carry personal utilization target of up to 50%, including time spent with client workshop leadership.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Microsoft account team(s) on account strategy and execution. Whenever possible, support Microsoft initiatives for account penetration and growth.
- Engage with clients by analyzing application portfolios, infrastructure investments, and organizational capabilities to understand opportunities for acceleration through the use of packaged solutions and products.
- Develop reference architectures, documentation, and other intellectual property that ensures the delivery of projects that are secure, highly available, and scalable.
- 8+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture design and development, and/or system integration/development
- 2+ years in a technology management role
- 2+ years involvement in technology pre-sales
- Understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading-edge cloud emerging technologies
- Microsoft Azure experience required
- Performance analysis, troubleshooting and remediation techniques
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team
- Microsoft Certification a plus
- Passion for client experience and for professional services as a vehicle to help clients achieve their goals.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and desire to look for opportunities to continually improve.
- Demonstrated leadership of a technology practice area in a professional services organization.
- Demonstrated leadership of a product development team, with consistent performance in hitting goals related to ship dates, feature delivery, and product quality.
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a matrixed team and drive results from members of the organization who may not be part of a direct reporting relationship.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to consulting team members.
- Ability to address conflict. Able to prepare for and execute on difficult conversations.
- Attention to detail, and insistence on excellence and “getting it right the first time.”
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.