Solution Engineer at Aera Technology
| Philadelphia, PA
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:01 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, April 6, 2022
Aera Technology is the Cognitive Automation company that makes business agility happen. We deliver the first scalable digital platform that integrates with existing systems to make and execute business decisions in real time. In the era of digital acceleration, Aera helps enterprises around the world transform how they respond to the ever-changing environment.
The Solution Engineering team supports our Client Partner’s efforts throughout the middle of the sales cycle to win new customers as well as retain and up-sell existing customers. They are key contributors to sales cycles, as a subject matter experts and as the owner of key activities that help the prospect to navigate their selection and decision-making process. Also, as tip of the spear in our go-to-market strategy, SE’s work closely with our Product Management and COE functions to provide feedback on market requirements and our product development roadmap.
The ideal candidate has worked in a pre-sales role at a relevant enterprise software firm, ideally in the realm of planning, decision-support, or analytics.
- Present Aera capabilities in initial and ongoing meetings and discussions with both prospective accounts and existing customers
- Deliver standard and custom demos, live in Aera’s demo environment
- Develop a robust understanding of Aera's primary Cognitive Skills (see description at aeratechnology.com), enabling customers to visualize the art of the possible
- Use energetic storytelling to convey the value and power of Aera’s Cognitive Operating System (COS)
- Lead Proof of concept/Proof of value exercises
- Facilitate or support benefit assessments and business case development
- Assist with Proposals, RFx responses
- Work with Engagement Principles to create compelling Solution Deployment Roadmaps
- Run meetings and workshops with prospects and customers, ranging from early discovery sessions to detailed final presentations
- 2 -5 years in a pre-sales role for an enterprise software firm ideally providing functionality that targets decision makers in supply chain operations management, i.e., procurement, manufacturing, distribution, inventory management, customer service, etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Well versed in process manufacturing and CPG industry issues, especially chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food and beverage verticals
- Experience with value engineering and business case development
- Experience writing proposals and SOWs
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Engineering or Computer Science; Master’s degree preferred
Perks and Benefits
- Stock Options: We believe every Aera team member should have a stake in our future success
- Medical: Benefits provided through your choice of Aetna PPO, Aetna HDHP, or, for California-based team members, Kaiser
- Dental: No monthly cost to employee through Delta Dental
- Vision: No monthly cost to employee through VSP
- 401K and Additional Benefits Plans: Employees can contribute to: 401(k) plan (Traditional/Roth); Health Savings Account (HSA); Flexible Savings Account (FSA); Supplemental Life Insurance Plan; Short-term Disability; Commuter Benefit Program
- Learning and Development: You’ll have access to professional development content through Udemy, our online learning platform. Udemy offers thousands of courses to help you learn new skills - whether for your professional development or your personal interests
- Employee Referral Program: Earn cash when your referrals get hired!
- Events and Extras: We work hard and get things done, but we also value the importance of having fun: office outings; birthday celebrations; holiday parties; weekly in-office lunches, and more
- Paid Time Off: To give our best and live a well-balanced life, we need to take time off for rest, relaxation and rejuvenation. Here at Aera, we offer flexible paid time off. In addition, we have 10 paid holidays each year
- Snacks: When you’re working from the office, you’ll have access to our fully stocked kitchen with a selection of snacks and beverages
Note: We’re continuously re-evaluating these to offer the best for our Aeranauts, so these are subject to change for the better
At Aera, our purpose is to enable a sustainable, efficient, and intelligent world with Cognitive Automation. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for fundamentally transforming how people work — from people working machines, to machines working, guided by people, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.
More Information on Aera Technology
Aera Technology operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Mountain View, CA and San Francisco, CA. Aera Technology was founded in 2017. It has 433 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 11 open jobs at Aera Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description