The Solution Engineer uses technical knowledge to map customer's needs to our application across one or more domain areas. In this capacity, the Solution Engineer will conduct discussions on sales calls with customers and provide support for marketing through trade show attendance, presentations, product channel trainings, and webinar presentations and hosting. Leads self and provides support or mentoring to Associates and Interns.
- Executes pre-sales framework to engage customers, prospects, and partners via phone, web, or onsite meetings, drive the discovery process, and identify areas where Workiva solutions align to address customer/prospect needs.
- Ensures customer success by working with Workiva Client Services team for smooth on-boarding and long term success.
- Contributes to business cases that articulate Workiva's value.
- Demonstrates knowledge across multiple domain areas developing working knowledge of industries, departments, and use cases where Workiva can have an impact.
- Assists in developing new use-cases or by using existing templates providing proof of our solution's impact and value proposition.
- Conducts process assessments with customers, builds Proof of Concepts to validate requirements, builds and presents customer specific business cases.
- May begin to deliver cross-domain coaching, training, or mentoring peers.
- Demonstrates proactive collaboration and feedback to product management teams to capture new customer requirements and enhancements, may require guidance as needed.
- Situationally works with Product Marketing, Client Services, Scoping, and Customer Success to achieve team and company goals.
- Assists sales in developing account plans in support of Workiva strategies and objectives
What You'll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement.
- A strong individual contributor with intellectual curiosity to positively impacting accounts and opportunities.
- Experience with ERP, GRC, GL, FP&A, or Analytics & Reporting solutions and their related technology platforms is a plus.
- Capability to gather business needs and present a value based, compelling software demonstration is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in finance, accounting, internal audit, software development, technical sales, or a related field.
- Experience engaging with and presenting to business or IT managers and executives.
- Consultant level in the Big Four or public accounting preferred.
- Hands on technical experience with SaaS solutions, cloud technologies, and architectures preferred.
- Up to 70%
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You'll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $80,000 - $128,000
- An incentive typically paid quarterly
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best - either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment. Effective October 18, 2021, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to visit any Workiva office, attend in-person meetings, or travel for business purposes.