Solution Architect at Skillsoft (Remote)
At Skillsoft, we propel organizations and people to grow together through transformative learning experiences. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. Join us in our quest to transform learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
The Senior Solution Architect works alongside strategic sales representatives to discover a customer’s business challenges and determine a solution that illustrates differentiated value and alignment to potential business outcomes via an engaging, visual story. As Skillsoft solutions are configuration-based rather than code, Senior Solution Architects are well positioned to surprise and delight customers with creative, benefit rich solution demos, Pilots & POC.
Who are our Senior Solution Architects?
Senior Solution Architects are problem solvers and challengers who seek to understand a customer’s “Why?” and who ensure our solutions can deliver on those business outcomes. The SA provides clear, succinct explanation to key stakeholders about usability and impact of solutions on the business, future strategy plans and critical customer success factors. They offer detailed technical explanations to enable strategic decisions and any future implications of these the customer may need to consider. They are seen as the SME on our platforms, solutions, and the go to team to support our Sales Teams with information, knowledge & expertise for our client opportunities.
- Contribute to qualification of opportunities in and out of the pipeline using MEDDPICC methodology.
- Lead solution discovery workshops with clients to determine, technical and solution requirements, future state, and desired business outcomes
- Apply product knowledge, domain expertise, & customer experience to design a tailored, benefit focused prototype recommended solution.
- Validate how our solution will meet customers’ needs and deliver the intended positive business outcomes
- Build rapport with customers as a consultative seller
- Visual Storytelling – Use visual narratives to share a lot of information in a short amount of time.
- Contribute to sales strategy/ Account planning sessions with AEs to identify ways to accelerate the sales cycle for qualified opportunities.
- Research and understand the customer’s business to better consult with sales team on sales strategy and presentation.
- Architect Skillsoft’s point of view describing the value the recommended solution will deliver in terms of buyer’s key metrics.
- Customize and deliver compelling solution demonstrations to stakeholders and executive audiences in both live and virtual environments for enterprise customers
- Lays purposeful traps for competitors and tells a compelling story clarifying how Skillsoft’s solutions are different and better than alternatives.
- Develop and deliver customized artifacts that highlight probable business outcomes the customer seeks. Artifacts include demo script, micro demo videos, microsites, and other customer-specific messages.
- Guide customers through a proof-of-concept using creative approaches (gamification) to build engagement and meet success criteria
- Solution & Domain Expertise – be a continuous learner recognized as a solution expert.
- Maintain knowledge of how Skillsoft content and solutions, can integrate into third-party LMSs and talent systems. This includes being able to discuss and demonstrate the user experience and best practices for viewing Skillsoft content in third-party systems.
- Serve as the expert for our solutions & maintain knowledge of all our solutions updates and be able to demonstrate how they align with customers, goals & needs.
- Understand the organizations needs for Talent &
- Collaborate with customers to determine best deployment option that best meets their requirements
- Maintain industry knowledge and trends relating to implementation, digital technologies, end-user and LMS technologies.
- Maintain knowledge and skills, through ongoing training in Skillsoft product areas including platform and content.
- Synthesize customer Feedback – and share with - internal Product and Engineering teams to influence innovation.
- Translate business objectives and challenges into actionable recommendations
- Serve as the expert of our solutions for account team and customer; determine when to engage additional Skillsoft SMEs including Platform Senior Solution Architects, Product Management, Content Team, Principals etc.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Five years of SaaS industry experience, including two or more years in sales engineering or consulting
- Proven technology skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, plus analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Willingness to travel up to 30% (as allowed under COVID restrictions)
- Storytelling Skills – You love to be on a stage (metaphorical or real!). You are passionate about delivering simple and compelling presentations on complex solutions.
- Technology trailblazer – You love technology and staying up to date on the cutting edge and how we can incorporate it into our selling motion.
- Expertise and interest in areas such as immersive presentations, metaverse meetings, and virtual reality are a plus!
- Creativity - Creative thinking gives people ideas that go beyond the standard and normally accepted ways of approaching the business of the industry.
- Thinking Conceptually - You may have a strong sense of intuition, or the ability to coax ideas from people who have a difficult time finding the words for abstract concepts.
- Thinking Practically - Once you have established the vision, your practical-thinking skills will allow you to help others transform vision into actionable tasks and deliverables.
- Problem Solving Skills – Eager to tackle problems, possibly without a great deal of information on issues you might be presented with.
- Experience working with or in the following industries is a plus for the solutioning our team will focus on: Financial Services, Industrial Manufacturing, Professional Services.
- Technical Acumen - Technical acumen is about being user, solution, and outcome obsessed. With deep expertise and insight, you can make keen judgments, be accurate, and show perception when working with clients and colleagues.
- Results Orientation- Successful SA’s set high goals and work aggressively to achieve them.
- Curiosity – Curiosity encompasses asking thoughtful and focused questions and then listening deeply to the answers
- Project Management Skills – Ability to multitask and manage concurrent project deadlines, easily moving between prep work and customer-facing engagements throughout the week
- Digital Skills – Visual storytelling requires Senior
- Solution Architects to excel in the use of applications such as Microsoft O365, Highspot, Outreach and graphic editing tools such as Photoshop, HTML Editors, and other applications that drive customer engagement.
- HCM & LMS– Understanding the marketplace and different providers in the market, and impact they bring for organizations
- Workforce Transformation – Needs to understand the business drivers behind this and impact that learning and development plays.
- Learning & Development – Strong background in business Learning Transformation is key.
- Technical & Development – Strong understanding of the technology software needed for todays organizations, Cloub, Cybersecurity, Data. Programming etc
Target base salary range for this job requisition is anticipated to be approximately $68,000 to $102,000k annualized with average on target earnings including commissions of approximately $120,000k annually.
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
Target base salary range for this job requisition is anticipated to be approximately $70,000k to $85,000k annualized with average on target earnings including commissions of approximately $120,000k annually.
We also offer full benefits.
The company may modify salaries, salary ranges and/or Pay Plans from time to time as it deems necessary.
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft is partner to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft (US) Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.