FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 55,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
About the Team
As a member of the Professional Services (PS) team, this position plays a key role in the success of customer implementations of the Commercial Lending Suite (CLS) of FIS products, comprising Commercial Loan Origination (CLO), Optimist, and ACBS (Advanced Commercial Banking System). CLO is a loan origination tool that banks use to track commercial loans throughout the full lending lifecycle. Optimist is a risk and compliance tool that commercial banks use to spread financials and generate risk grades when evaluating whether to lend to borrowers. ACBS Pipeline and Servicing are robust enterprise-level software systems that provide tightly integrated functionality and workflow throughout the life of a commercial loan. The Business Solution Architect will work with customers, FIS product teams, FIS development teams and FIS PS teams to understand customer business requirements and recommend full end to end software solutions for enterprise-wide software.
Types of problems you will solve include:
- Outlining the functional data model of a suite of applications, including client specific applications to determine the best master of record and integration strategy for each unique implementation
- Define data flow for various integrations between client hosted and cloud hosted systems including partnering with other architecture teams to define the security, setup and error handling of the interfaces
- Document the end-to-end solution architecture for a client including FIS and client systems, how they interact from a functional and technical perspective.
What you will be doing:
- Lead brainstorming sessions with clients and FIS teams to identify potential solutions to business problems considering given constraints.
- Communicate and consult with clients and internal FIS stakeholders to develop appropriate solutions focused on the user journey and appropriate data flow.
- Work with product and delivery teams to document and develop scalable solutions and products.
- Create Solution Architecture documents that outline the end-to-end solution.
- Translate the vision for the product solution to the development and delivery teams. Ensure the client agreed upon vision is what gets delivered to the client.
- Evaluate project constraints to find alternatives, alleviate risks and perform process re-engineering where required.
- Manage customer satisfaction and set proper expectations on the end-product to be delivered.
- Assist product and delivery teams in working through complex issues and problems that arise on projects.
- Assist with documenting testing requirements.
- Lead, as required, and support the preparation of sales proposals, RFP's, RFI's, and value propositions for multiple, concurrent client engagements.
- Mentor and coach lower level resources.
- Achieve utilization targets.
- Open communication and transparency: We are an organization in which we value the ability to communicate and share information in a transparent way in order to be able to fuel meaningful conversations and be efficient at addressing the real issue and finding the best path forward.
- Ability to lead and take actions: Given a situation or task, we expect you are fully engaged and take the opportunity to demonstrate our ability to own a topic, bring the right people together, take actions and, in summary, take the lead in bringing this topic to wherever it should be.
- Anticipation and Proactivity: Our job is not to be firemen fighting one incident before the next. Our job is to create the conditions for our own success and that requires an ability to anticipate and be proactive, creating the context where the best can happen (ex: effectively managing risks and client expectations) rather than waiting or expecting the worst.
- Creativity and Pragmatism: In combination with the previous, creativity is the competency that summarizes for us the need to keep an open mind and think about multiple solutions when facing challenges. Demonstrating pragmatism in this context is having the ability to balance these solutions with an ability to integrate the "how will they be implemented" into their evaluation
- Sense of initiative and ability to deliver: We accept mistakes, they are part of the learning curve and a demonstration that you tried something. On the other hand, we cannot accept inaction and the lack of initiative. Finally, as not every initiative can fail and because our business is ultimately to deliver solutions to the client, ability to turn actions and initiatives into actual results is key.
What you bring:
- BS in Computer Science or BA in Business or related field required or equivalent work experience.
- End-to-end software implementation experience (preferably at a software vendor).
- Understands the full IT project life cycle from requirements gathering through implementation and go live.
- Strong business analysis experience and background.
- Experience with IT infrastructure, cloud development and dev ops.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g. executive, management, individual contributors).
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate status appropriately and timely.
- Industry experience in accounting, finance, or banking preferred.
- Understanding of case life cycle management, business process management (BPM) and form design including java, HTML, CCS, XML, JSON and Angular preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- Training across core financial, sales and FIS solutions
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.