Solution Architect at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies® 2022.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
NowX, the new product incubation team at ServiceNow, is responsible for identifying strategic new product opportunities, designing and prototyping new products alongside customer design partners, and eventually bringing the product to market. As we continue to develop new strategic solutions, we are seeking a well-rounded Platform Architect that is capable of demonstrating products and communicating the value, proving the value through technical customer engagements, and partnering closely with Product Management to turn customer feedback into product features and solutions.
With a high level of customer empathy and a design thinking mindset, you will actively engage with customers to deliver compelling product demonstrations and align our future products to real customer pain points. You will translate customer business challenges to product enhancements, and deliver beautiful experiences through Proof of Concepts. Working directly with our Product and Sales teams, you will help to create beautiful and engaging experiences that drive business by humanizing technology and leveraging user-centered design that inspire our customers about the possibilities of ServiceNow. The Workflow Design Studio-Lab will create remarkable narratives with accompanying visuals to deliver the most compelling customer-facing demos. Joining a team of Product Managers, Designers, and Developers based across the globe, you will serve as a value consultant who can go wide and deep on solution delivery and positioning. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-motivated systems thinker with a deep understanding of visual storytelling and excited to elevate any project. This role is well versed in developing or working with developers to build and present solutions in a creative way.
- NowX designs, prototypes, and incubates future ServiceNow Products. This role actively engages with customers and product management.
- This jack-of-all-trades role will demonstrate NowX product capabilities, rapidly prototype new features, as well as engage in Proof of Concepts with customers that align NowX products with real customer outcomes.
- Partner with Product Management to channel customer feedback into product backlogs. Turn Proof of Concept output into real product features.
- Drive innovative business solutions and digital transformation in collaboration with a cross-functional teams in ways that elevate and inform the teams' output
- Partner with Sales and Solution Consulting to identify opportunities to deliver high value business outcomes
- Document and present technical solutions aligned with our narrative
- Interact with the wider ServiceNow community as a thought leader on innovative ways to leverage the Now Platform and products
- Keep on top of ServiceNow product developments, complementary technology and external trends in order to identify opportunities to broaden the use of the Now Platform outside of typical domains
- Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office
To be successful in this role you have:
- The ideal candidate for this role is a self-motivated systems thinker with a deep understanding of visual storytelling and excited to elevate any project
- This role is well versed in developing or working with developers to build and present solutions in a creative way
- 3-5 years of experience architecting and delivering complex solutions on the Now Platform
- Ability to work within, and lead, a multi-discipline team focused on delivering high-quality output in short timeframes
- Fluency in third party integrations using web services, JDBC, and file-based parsers
- Functional comprehension of SQL and database concepts
- Ability to quickly understand new technology through instruction and self-training
- Executive level presence and experience presenting to executive-level audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A human-centered, design thinking mindset
- A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week)
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .