Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Software Test Engineers work with dedicated product teams to ensure that our products deliver against our customers' unmet needs. They function as ambassadors of quality within the team instilling a testing mindset to improve the overall quality and team velocity. They are responsible for ensuring our software functions the way it is intended by creating automated testing plans and strategy, creating, and executing various forms of automated testing, coaching software engineers, and Associate Software Test Engineers to create and execute various forms of automated testing, and solving complex issues. They work side by side with software engineers to improve overall software quality and recommend opportunities for improvement.
Reports To: Product Team Leader
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
During the first six months, you will:
- Work with Product Analysts to create thorough testing plans and strategy for automated testing
- Utilize, extend, and create new automated testing frameworks
- Perform exploratory testing on the product to understand its testing challenges
- Create various forms of automated testing, of medium to high complexity
- Coach software engineers and Associate Software Test Engineers to create various forms of automated testing. Help the team identify and use appropriate methods of testing.
- Exercise manual and automated security tests in order to find gaps in security coverage
- Solve complex testing issues
- Monitor state of quality, raising awareness and resolution of gaps in quality
- Drive the team and organization toward implementing and maintaining Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Actively participate in sharing knowledge, including strong participation in Community of Practice discussions
- 5+ years of experience in testing software
- Demonstrated experience building tests from scratch without an existing framework
- Working knowledge of an object-oriented language (preferably C#)
- Experience writing SQL queries including joins
- Experience testing consumer-facing web applications
- Deep knowledge of software testing best practices in an agile environment
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Team Player - will be able to collaborate with others to make awesome happen.
- Self-Motivated - you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $80,000 - $125,000; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.