Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Data Services teams build systems that bridge the gap between raw business data and consumable data products that the business can trust and take action on. We engage with business partners to define their use case, their needs, and then provide that product in the most useful format.
Our ideal candidate has a strong service-oriented mindset. They have engaged effectively with stakeholders to ensure they’re building the right systems that empower its users and allows them to pursue more ambitious project work. They foster lasting relationships that reduce barriers to pursuing ambitious work for users.
Most of our teams have at least one distributed member, so we encourage flexible working hours and some telecommuting but you should plan to be in the office most days. We’re willing to help you with relocation if you’re not currently local to one of our offices!
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions and cross-functional team discussions.
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you.
- You show strong judgment with building systems for stakeholders.
- You take an engineering approach to service management.
What you'll do:
- Define a suitable systems architecture and design for analytical solutions that takes into account various data sources and business use cases, including effective governance standards for transparency, data quality, and communication.
- Be an evangelist in the company for data-informed thinking and decision-making; and develop documentation to enhance data literacy across the organization.
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques in the data space.
- Interface with vendors, as needed, to drive optimal integration patterns between 1st and 3rd party applications and platforms.
- Empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA - through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate.
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices.
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams.
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with multi-sourced datasets.
- Build and document processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with GCP cloud services: BigQuery, Dataproc, Dataflow, etc. or comparable cloud platform services.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, or Scala.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, OR equivalent years of relevant experience.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Customer Experience and/or Marketing measurement platforms, such as FullStory, Qualtrics, Optimizely, Google Marketing Suite, Measured, and/or LiveRamp.
- Experience with analytics tools such as Looker and Alation
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $117,000 to $140,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.e