Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
This position is for our Tessera Data business, which is focused on building a safer future, online and offline, by providing valuable people data to drive informed trust and safety decisions. Our industry-leading data serves as the backbone for background checks used to protect a company’s employees, customers, and community
Tessera Data is looking for an experienced Software Quality Engineer to join the Tessera Software Engineering Team. The Tessera Software Engineering team is looking for a teammate that is highly collaborative and cares deeply about the mission of our company, is eager to work with a diverse team of engineers and has a quality-focused mindset. (We have a strong preference towards positive, smart, and “can-do” people)
Quality Engineers are integral to the product development cycle.
- Act as the Quality Subject Matter Expert for the MVR Team, helping to foster a strong culture of testing and continuous improvement.
- Help define testing strategies and work with the team to implement testing for new features.
- QEs help develop a testing plan for an epic, help define acceptance criteria, manually test stories, add test automation coverage, and help PMs with acceptance as needed.
- Expand our existing automated test suites, executed as part of our continuous integration flow.
- Share and implement new testing frameworks
- Share learnings with the team and quality work group
- Train and pair Software Engineers
- Prioritize key tests and scenarios based on historic issues, in collaboration with Customer Success, product, and engineering.
- Work with engineers to investigate production issues, and perform root cause analysis.
- Define and implement metrics to communicate the quality of the products you are responsible for.
- Support other types of quality targets, such as performance, load, and stress testing.
- Document expected behavior
- You have 4+ years of experience as a Software Quality Engineer or related role.
- You have previous test automation framework development experience.
- You can analyze the product and identify the best automation approach.
- You know how the web works, can dive into HTTP and API design, and have solid experience building and testing web applications.
- You have experience working with microservice architecture, and are familiar with using mocked responses
- You have a solid track record of defining and building automated test suites using a programming or scripting language. You know what a good test framework looks like, and are ready to improve our existing frameworks.
- You are self-motivated
- You are a team player who can work with product and engineering in developing detailed test plans and test cases.
- You like troubleshooting issues and enjoy finding the root cause of a problem.
- You are a strong communicator. Discussing complex technical concepts with designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (eg. Java, Go, JS)
- Experience with CI/development pipeline
- Knowledge of at least one test framework (eg. Selenium, Nightwatch.js, RSpec, Cucumber, and Phantomjs)
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $111,265-$130,900
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.