Software Quality Assurance (Manual/Automation) at Abalta Technologies (San Diego, CA)
Who we are:
Connected Car, Autonomous Self-Driving Vehicle technologies, IoT, Embedded Application Development, Internet Radio, and Mobile Apps are just some of the cool things we work on here at Abalta Technologies. We are pioneers in the navigation and mapping industry and have worked with over 60 global name brands since our inception.
Founded in 2003 and based in San Diego, Abalta Technologies is a global leader in software design and development. Abalta Technologies has a reputation for being extremely innovative and capable and we are seeking new team members who possess these same qualities. Our employees experience the excitement of working in a fast-growing and dynamic environment and the opportunity to work on some of the coolest tech in the industry.
Abalta Technologies' success is a direct result of the team and culture we have created. Employees are afforded the opportunity to explore new technical areas while also sharpening their existing skills on the many leading-edge solutions we develop for our clients.
We are on the leading edge of connected car and mobile technology and seek job candidates that want to join the ranks of a successful, growing, and dynamic software company.
How you'll make an impact:
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer will work in challenging and collaborative environments to develop efficient software testing suites to ensure product quality and reliability.
What you'll need:
- A BSEE or BSCS or equivalent experience is required. (MSEE or MSCS or equivalent preferred)
- 5+ years of proficient software testing experience working on software products / mobile applications
- 2+ years prior experience as a Software QA supporting client-server applications
- 2+ years experience with testing apks on Andriod devices and/or emulated environments
- Experience with Android Operating Systems, ADB, and logcat
- Experience with the following SDLC tools: Jira, JAMA, qTest, Confluence, Jenkins, Github
- Experience with embedded real-time operating systems (QNX, Embedded Linux, Windows CE, etc.)
- Experience testing mobile applications and analyzing system/application log files
- Experience in collaborating with Product Owners to understand requirements to ensure proper testing coverage
- Experience in Agile Testing and participating in Agile ceremonies
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting software issues
- Experience in Batch & Bash scripting
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong understanding of Software Quality Assurance methodologies, tools, and processes
- Knowledge of Requirements Management Systems
- Develop and execute manual testing suites on software products and mobile applications
- Create tools and automated scripts to reduce the need for repetitive and manual tasks
- Generate high-quality documentation (i.e., Test Plans, Test Procedures, Software Defects)
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Analyze requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide meaningful feedback and create testing suites
- Report issues in the defect management system and collaborate with the project team to determine the root cause and potential solutions
- Interact with developers and management to follow best testing practices
- Interact with customers to understand product requirements and provide meaningful feedback
- Report testing progress to Managers and other stakeholders against planned testing activities and schedules
- Work closely with Product and Development teams in local and remote locations
- Champion Best Practices along with implementing internal SDLC practices
- Provide Quality Assurance Metrics to demonstrate testing coverage and to measure Product Quality
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Nice to have skills:
- Desired experience with C, C++, C#, Python, or Java
- Desired experience with test automation platforms
- Desired experience in using AWS cloud solutions
- Desired experience in database testing, web-based testing, front-end automation testing
- Strong organizational, analytical, and presentation skills as well as an attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to project professionalism in all works settings
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Abalta Technologies provide a generous benefits package that includes 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 401K matching, and generous health benefits (medical, dental and vision)
Salary Range (based on level of experience): $90,000- $110,000
Our goal at Abalta Technologies, Inc. is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. Abalta Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.