Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst Senior
This effort is to support a digital transformation of our financial application tool set.The purpose of this position is to ensure proper business system requirements are gathered, lead requirements review to gain approval from stakeholders, and lead and participate in testing of the requirements. Requirements are to be organized and categorized to align for system testing and regression testing. This position is a working lead. Therefore, the successful candidate will both lead and participate in the requirements and testing of the digital transformation.
What You’ll Do:
- Solicitation and categorization of business system requirements for all stakeholders involved with system testing.
- Synthesize customer needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Development and maintenance of the end-to-end test plan, ensuring all requirements are mapped to testing activities.
- Work with functional and technical workstream personnel to ensure test cases are fully developed prior to execution.
- Ensure testing is executed to plan, communicating and tracking daily script activities, managing defects to closure, monitoring program schedule, and providing metrics on script and defect status.
- Collaborate with multiple workstreams and external vendors to monitor test activities and resolve issues.
- Conduct and participate in all aspects of testing and analysis in a highly integrated, complex, regulated environment with multiple financial systems.
- Perform deep analysis and evaluation of potential defect or design flaws.
- Provide potential technical solutions to defects and design flaws.
- Oversee the creation of repeatable automated test procedures to shorten test cycles and provide broader and deeper coverage using in-house tools.
- Streamline technical and business-related processes during design and build phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Perform regression testing on enterprise and ancillary applications, application integration bus, and varying systems for all changes.
- Occasionally participate in weekend go-live/cutover activities for new system implementation.
- Review technical documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, and completeness to mitigate risk of all types.
- Utilize bug tracking system to report defects or design flaws to project teams, application owners, subject matter experts, and developers.
- Follow documented or established procedures to perform quality assurance activities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in a home and office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.