Software QA Engineer at TripActions
At TripActions, “It’s all about the user. All of them.” We’re passionate about providing a seamless one-stop experience for business travelers, no matter how they travel, where they stay, or where they’re going.
The company has raised over $800M including a recent $155M at a $5B valuation from investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Lightspeed.
We're looking to bring on a Manual QA Engineer to support our TripActions Core Product. Someone who is passionate about testing our mobile and web apps from conception to delivery. You will develop test cases, maintain test plans and execute manual functional tests. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies from web and mobile front-end to back-end distributed web services. You will have ownership over the quality of major deliverables and will collaborate with multiple engineers and teams to drive success.
Software QA Engineer (Manual)
- Participate in all phases of the product life cycle: understand the product requirements, test case creation, feature, regression, integration, end-to-end test execution.
- Work independently and collaboratively on translating user stories and requirements into detailed test cases and creating test plans.
- Be responsible for the testing of mobile and web applications.
- Report bugs and verify fixes in a timely manner.
- Document test processes and review other team member’s documentation for clarity and precision.
- Promote a culture of quality work throughout the organization.
- Perform risk analysis of product changes to drive targeted and efficient regression testing.
- Be the voice of quality by uncovering issues and debugging the application through logs and test results.
- Continuous monitoring of systems under test and applications in test and production environments to increase confidence in the product and features being rolled out.
- 7+ years of work experience in Software Quality Assurance or Engineering.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Experience testing mobile applications and services on iOS and Android.
- Experience testing web applications and services on mac and windows OS.
- Multi-task to meet assignment deadlines.
- Accurately estimate work assignments.
- Prefer working knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Always interested in learning new things.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Prior experience working with development and testing teams in both onshore and offshore locations.