Software Engineering Tech Lead - (Innovation) at FIS
About the team:
You will be a part of the Innovation Speed Track Team specifically focusing on accelerating ideas.The team works closely in conjunction with the product delivery teams to enable them to accelerate their product modernization journey and building innovative solutions. This role is highly challenging, yet satisfying, and provides a fantastic opportunity to lead the digital journey at FIS.
What you will be doing:
- Converting concepts and ideas to working POCs
- Research latest emerging technologies such as AI/ML, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud native, among others, and come up with thought provoking POCs.
- Design and Development of Solutions and POCs
- Work closely with product and business teams in developing solutions
- Setup and maintain demo labs to showcase ideas and FIS solutions to internal and external business executives
- Seeking a overall generalist who may be a expert in one or two.
- Wearing a customer hat during developing solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Curiosity and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and complexities.
- Be able to architect solutions using industry standard methodologies.
- Familiar with agile and scrum methodologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner and team management.
- Hiring and training technical personnel.
- Delegating work and assignments to team members.
- Collaborating with the team to identify and fix technical problems.
- Analyzing user's needs and then finding applications to serve them.
- Creating end goal for the team.
- Conducting security audits to identify areas of improvement.
- Guiding the team through technical issues and challenges.
- Evaluate project constraints to find alternatives, alleviate risks, and perform process re-engineering if required.
- Update stakeholders on the status of product development processes and budgets.
- Notifies stakeholders about any issues connected to the architecture.
- Fixes technical issues as they arise.
- Hands-on experience across all major areas of the software development processes with about 50-60% coding responsibilities as needed.
- Supervises and guides development teams.
- Continuously researches emerging technologies and proposes changes to the existing architecture.
- Expert knowledge of Microservices Architecture and design, REST APIs, Security, Testing, and deployments in high throughput environments
- Experience with Cloud native databases such as PostgreSQL, CosmosDB etc.
- Familiarity with monorepo based development toolsets such as Nx.
- Experience of working in DevOps environments with high degree of automation of CI/CD pipelines, build promotions and code quality testing
- Expertise of using Kubernetes and Dockers for deployments in development, QA, and Production
Added bonus if you have
- Experience with Azure and AWS cloud knowledge.
- Knowledge ofReact JS/Native.
- Knowledge ofFIS' products and services.
- Knowledge of financial services industry or FinTech's.
- Azure and AWS cloud knowledge.
- Mobile development using Android/iOS.
What we offer you
- An exciting opportunity be a part ofWorld's Leading FinTech company.
- To be a part of vibrant team and chart a career on new age technologies building solutions for financial services industry.
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits coverage for employee and direct dependents.
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities.
- US - Collegeville, PA, or remote
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.