Software Engineering Summit Attendees Only (Aug SES) - Tech EIP - Summer 2023 at Capital One (Washington DC)
Software Engineering Summit Attendees Only (Aug SES) - Tech EIP - Summer 2023
Key Role Details
- This is a full-time paid internship program spanning ten weeks from June through August 2023.
- Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in the continental United States for the duration of the program.
- Upon successful completion of the Tech Early Internship, interns may be eligible for other career opportunities at Capital One.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or higher with an expectation that degree will be obtained by August 2027 or earlier
- Attended or currently pursuing attendance at a Summit between January 2022 and January 2023
- Must be in Freshman or Sophomore Standing
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in a major or prospective major in Computer Science, Engineering (ex: Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, etc.), or other STEM major
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- A demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in technology as a software engineer
Technology Early Internship Program - 2023
At Capital One, we consider ourselves the bank a technology company would build. We're delivering best-in-class innovation so that our 65 million customers - and counting - can manage their finances with ease. Our reality and vision empower our engineers to use artificial intelligence and machine learning to transform real-time data, software, and algorithms into financial clarity. That's what sets us apart - and we want you to join our journey.
We also recognize that representation is lacking across the tech industry and within computer science programs. At Capital One, we are committed to ensuring historically underrepresented groups have access to impactful tech careers. We have launched the Technology Early Internship Program (Tech EIP) to create a pathway into tech for students from diverse backgrounds and experiences early in their college careers. We welcome applications from students of all backgrounds, majors, and academic disciplines. We especially encourage candidates who self-identify as Black, Latinx, or belong to one or more other historically underrepresented groups to apply.
What we offer:
The Tech EIP is a unique, ten-week blended learning program that provides participants with the necessary skills and experience to launch a successful career in software engineering at Capital One. As a participant in the Tech EIP, you'll spend the first part of your summer in a mini-bootcamp experience, honing your coding skills and learning from skilled Capital One software engineers. You'll then have the opportunity to work with a team on a real-world Capital One project to put your skills to use and continue your technology learning journey. The Tech EIP will allow you to dive into the world of tech at Capital One, develop your software engineering skills, and equip you for the future as you start to build your career.
What you'll gain:
The Tech EIP will equip you with the tools to succeed as you prepare for a career in software engineering. Our curriculum and program structure will help you gain:
- Programming knowledge and increased proficiency in full stack development with guided learnings to give you a head start in launching your software engineering career. Targeted technologies may include but are not limited to React, Angular, Node, Python, Go, Java, iOS, Android, and more
- Mentorship and training to build your skills on topics like AWS, the Software Development Life Cycle, Machine Learning, Cyber Security, Enterprise Architecture Application Design, and more
- Hands-on technical and soft-skills training through classroom-style learning and on-the-job experience
- Valuable relationships with leaders, engineers, and other participants in the program (including 1-on-1 mentorship)
- Access to Capital One's Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging Business Resource Groups (BRGs), which provide resources for professional development, connections, cultural celebrations, and community engagement
We're here to help you gain knowledge both on the job and in the classroom. Our interns have access to continuous learning through our very own Tech College, a world-class learning hub that offers both online and in-person classes across 7 disciplines-Agile, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Data, Machine Learning & AI, Mobile, and Software Engineering.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).