Karat’s purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world’s technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!Come join our Software Engineering team
Our Software Engineering team is dedicated to building the world’s most predictive, inclusive, and fair interviewing products for our clients and technical candidates alike.What you will do
As our Software Engineering Manager, you will lead a team that is committed to materially improving how engineers are interviewed, and how engineering organizations operate. Working closely with cross-functional partners, you will be an integral part of the evolution and development of our rapidly growing engineering organization by contributing to team culture and practices, and owning components and services of high value features.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is available.
- Manage and mentor a sizeable team of software engineers whose experiences vary.
- Work in partnership with other Software Engineering Managers and functional leaders to drive the technical and organizational roadmap.
- Actively participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release, working hands-on to write code and build product as-needed.
- Partner with design, product, and other internal stakeholders in all phases of product development.
- Help build a diverse engineering team while promoting an inclusive, collaborative environment that embodies our purpose and values.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering or other related roles (startup experience a plus)
- Demonstrated ability leading or managing technical teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- History delivering business outcomes by leading a high number of multifaceted engineering workstreams
- Comfortable with technical deep dives into complex code bases (and can offer advice and guidance to other software engineers)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- A demonstrated knack for communicating technical work to partners
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].