connectRN is the leading nurse-centric platform that is reinventing the way nurses and other healthcare professionals are finding work. By leveraging technology, connectRN connects the nursing community to flexible work opportunities and each other to build a supportive and thriving network. The platform offers career development resources and flexible shift offerings for nurses, while alleviating staffing shortages at healthcare facilities. connectRN is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts and serves clinicians across the U.S. To learn more about connectRN, please please visit www.connectrn.com.
We are looking to hire a Software Engineering Manager to be a hands-on servant leader for our growing engineering teams. Reporting directly to our head of engineering, you will be working with multiple distributed scrum teams, supporting several web and mobile app projects.
- Fully own and manage all technical and non-technical aspects of software development and delivery for your engineering teams
- Be the go-to technical resource for your teams, facilitating technical discussions on topics such as software architecture, code reviews, CI/CD, code refactoring, testing, etc.
- Lead and mentor engineers through daily coaching, regular 1:1s, & advice on career growth
- Help foster a strong engineering culture and the adoption of best engineering practices
- Play a key role in growing the engineering team through networking, recruiting, interviewing, and effectively onboarding new engineers
- Develop and maintain a metrics-reporting strategy that gives the organization a view into the overall health and performance of your teams
- Effectively observe, communicate, and resolve team impediments, proactively escalating issues of concern related to deliverables
- Work with engineers and Product Owners on a regular basis to align teams with the product vision and the desire to foster engineering best practices
- Work with multiple teams in a Scrum Master role and facilitate all agile ceremonies
- Embrace the concept of continuous learning in your own journey and instill the same in the teams you manage and lead
- Several years of experience working as a software engineer in an Agile team setting, working on production code in addition to a few years of experience working as an engineering manager
- Thorough technical understanding of full-stack web and or mobile development lifecycle and challenges
- Extensive experience working with at least one of the three main cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Significant experience leading initiatives on software architecture, code reviews, CI/CD, code refactors, paying down and mitigating tech debt, testing strategies, etc
- Deep experience with coaching engineers on both technical and non-technical aspects of software development and delivery
- High level of comfort playing the role of the team’s scrum master
- Thorough experience managing & scaling remote teams -- recruiting, interviews, onboarding, building, and fostering engineering culture
- A proven track record of implementing measurable results through continuous improvement of engineering tools and processes
- Strong ability to influence and mentor engineers and improve their understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent project management, time management, and communication skills
- 100% remote if you reside in one of the following states: AL, CT, DE, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MD, MA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY (outside of NYC), NC, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, & VA.
- 100% employer-paid premiums for your (and your family's) Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D insurance
- Health Savings Account with contributions from connectRN of up to $2,000 annually
- Flexible time off policy
- 401k with match
Please note that we are only able to hire permanent residents (green card holders) or U.S. citizens at this time. As a healthtech company, connectRN is committed to the health of its employees and will only hire those who are vaccinated against COVID-19 or if unvaccinated exclusively due to medical or religious exemption.
connectRN is an equal opportunity employer. As Connectors, we embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. If this role would make you excited to come to work every day, please apply! We look forward to connecting.