Able is a product acceleration studio. Our technology teams consist of exceptional product designers, software engineers, product managers, and all-around company builders. We incubate our own investments and also work with our partners (clients) to improve their odds of success by deploying startup-caliber teams that are capable of addressing every stage of the technology venture lifecycle.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to mentor and help build our Lima engineering team. This person would be responsible for shaping it into an excellent form, by establishing sincere relationships with direct reports, supporting their career development needs, and fiercely contributing to the company growth.What will be expected of you:
- Identify team member’s strengths and weaknesses, and nurture their skills to achieve their true potential
- Communicate company’s vision and strategy to the team and serve as a point of contact for any questions
- Encourage the team’s drive and empower them to achieve great deeds
- Exercise your technical skill set by coaching your direct reports in their career paths
- Help build the structure that will support scaling operations of the Engineering team
- Support hiring efforts, evangelize about the company and help us build Able’s brand in Lima
- Empathy to care for your team’s needs as well as to advocate the right solutions for the company
- Superb communication skills that allow you to expose your ideas in a clear way
- Passion for collaborative problem solving and the willingness to challenge, debate and form relationships with team members
- You know what you don’t know, you have no problem admitting it, and you’re eager to do whatever it takes to address that gap
- A desire to improve Able’s product development practices and the experience to follow-through on implementation
- 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer or equivalent
- Previous experience coaching people to help them reach professional opportunities
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
- Availability: This position is 100% remote. We are looking for talent who can commit to at least 6 hours of overlap with our main team’s office working hours in Lima-Perú (From 09:00 am to 06:00 pm GMT-5)
We believe that people, teams, and well-thought processes are more important than the ideas themselves, and we’re keen on bringing great people together while investing in their growth.
Our teams have built products in various industries, from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we will work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times, we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, though, we will look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster and grow as a group.
And we like to offer great benefits to ensure you have the best experience working with us:
- We offer competitive base compensation, and the ability to earn an incentive performance-based compensation.
- We want to improve skills through continuous feedback, training, and practice; keep our teams small to ensure everyone is in a position to make a significant impact; continue challenging all of our team members as they grow
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (including vacation, sick days, and wellness days) because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family and traveling the world
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
We know that a diverse team brings extraordinary success, and we have created a work environment geared towards work and life balance as well as happiness. Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our Core Values
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
This is but the beginning of a conversation we’d love to have with you.
Apply, and let’s get this adventure started!