As an Engineering Manager at WePay, you will lead a team of talented software engineers by setting the overall technical direction, investing in your team's career growth and becoming a coach and advocate. We are rapidly growing and as a result we find ourselves solving a number of technically interesting projects scaling our systems and services.
What You Will Do
- Manage the performance and career development of team of engineers, and own part of products that require design, architecture, and coding.
- Be a role model and professional coach for engineers. Inspire and develop team members.
- Work with peers across teams to support and leverage a shared technical stack.
- Manage team to scale distributed systems, make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, review code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
- Develop multi-tier scalable and reliable payment processing systems.
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
What We Are Looking For
- Experience in building reliable, scalable, distributed software
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, or C++
- 3+ years experience as a software engineering manager or tech lead
WHAT IS EXPECTED IN THE INTERVIEW?
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud. Our hiring processes might include:
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Technical Phone
- Interview with an Engineer
- On-site Interview
WePay’s mission is to make commerce seamless. Our products help software companies integrate payments into their applications – thereby empowering small businesses and individuals to get paid easily and quickly using their go-to apps and software. Our customers include BigCommerce, TouchBistro, Meetup, and Freshbooks, just to name a few. By joining forces with JPMorgan Chase, a global financial services firm with over $2.5 trillion in assets that serves millions of customers worldwide, WePay is now able to connect our customers seamlessly into a range of banking services beyond payments. WePay is a unique place to work and offers the best of both worlds. WePay has a FinTech startup culture that emphasizes transparency, collaboration, and career growth, with the ability to work on small, nimble teams. However, now combined with the power of JPMorgan Chase, employees are also able to create change at scale and have an opportunity to truly disrupt and shape FinTech.
You can find more information at wepay.com
To all recruitment agencies: WePay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WePay employees, or any other company location. WePay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More Information on WePay
WePay operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Redwood City, CA. WePay was founded in 2008. It has 460 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Stocked Kitchen, Fitness Subsidies. To see all 37 open jobs at WePay, click here.
Read Full Job Description