Software Engineering Manager at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role, you will:
Software Development Manager - Maven Messenger: Do you want to be part of a brand new product team trying to change the world? Join us to build breakthrough messaging consumer experience. Artificial intelligence, bots, big data, natural conversational interfaces, multi-modal messaging, mobile apps, and messaging apps are all technologies you will be working with to build the product.
In this role you will:
- Work directly with engineering teams within these 3rd party vendors to provide scalable solutions with great user experience.
- Operate with many technical leaders and product managers across Liveperson teams – with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- Drive project execution, recruit, hire, and develop the industry’s top engineering talent.
- Act as a technical leader and built high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
- Own development of their product end-to-end while being hand-zone
- Establish and execute short and long-term architectural roadmaps for the business
- Continue to innovate on the framework to support controlling smart devices worldwide
- Manage a development team focused on creating the complex back-end infrastructure
- Drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping an extremely high bar for customer trust, performance, and availability.
- Provide technical direction within your team.
You should be an expert in:
- Leading and motivating an engineering team in a fast moving, data driven environment
- Setting a high bar throughout the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations.
- Leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems.
- Delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- 3-4 years of backend development
- Experience with Java or Node.JS - Mandatory
- Experience working with CI/CD - Mandatory
- AWS and DevOps related experience - advantage
- Spring framework, Kafka or other messaging brokers Advantage
- Launching web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers’ best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
- 8+ years of professional experience in software development/engineering
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and managing a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.