Founded in 2017, Coalition is on a mission to solve cyber risk and create a safer digital economy where everyone can thrive. Digital risk is now a part of every business and it’s no longer solely the domain of technical teams. That’s why we combined comprehensive insurance with proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations stay resilient to digital risks like cyber attacks, funds transfer fraud and much more.
Our team works collaboratively across North America and Europe to prevent security failures and provide both technical and financial help when incidents do occur. Today, Coalition is the world’s largest commercial insurtech serving over 130,000 customers including many small businesses that rely on Coalition to help them chart a path forward in the new digital world.
As of September 2021, Coalition has raised $520 million from leading global technology investors as well as highly-regarded institutional investors including: Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Valor Ventures, Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price Advisors, and Whale Rock Capital, valuing the company at more than $3.5 billion.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, authenticity and diversity. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About The Role
As a Software Engineering Manager at Coalition, you will own important parts of our product stack throughout the full software lifecycle. You will be a coach and mentor for the engineers on your team and focus on enabling them to perform at their best.
Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and decouple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
- Drive the end-to-end delivery of high quality software to create value for our broker and policyholder customers
- Own the growth of engineering staff members and drive hiring for your team
- Work with stakeholders across the company to help incorporate company goals and initiatives into the team’s backlog
- Work with Product Managers on a longer-term roadmap and vision for your space as well as break down requirements during implementation
- Make Coalition a better place by taking on the unseen, unforeseen and important items that come up along the way
Skills and Qualifications
- Computer Science or Engineering degree - related technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- At least 1-2 years of engineering management experience - It’s not the years that count, it’s what you do with them
- Production experience with distributed cloud-native systems
- Experience working with managing remote and distributed teams
- Proficiency managing with agile software development practices
- Bonus points - Prior fintech or insuretech experience
Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Our culture is one of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, and authenticity. We are growing rapidly and that growth is enabled by strong teamwork, communication, and mentorship. We want people who are passionate about becoming experts in both the business and the technologies that support it. Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and de-couple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
Recent press releases:
Coalition Closes $205 Million Series E, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider At More Than $3.5 Billion
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
More Information on Coalition
Coalition operates in the Cybersecurity industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Coalition was founded in 2017. It has 618 total employees. To see all 28 open jobs at Coalition, click here.
Read Full Job Description