Software Engineering Manager at Aya Healthcare (Remote)
Join Aya Healthcare, named the #1 top workplace in the large company category by the San Diego Union-Tribune.
The Software Engineering Manager will be an integral part of our growing product development team, solving challenging engineering problems quickly and efficiently. This person will play a key part in leading and managing a team of software engineers.
Who We Are:
We’re a $5.8 billion, rapidly growing workforce solutions provider in the healthcare industry. We deliver tech-enabled services that help healthcare organizations meet and manage their contingent labor needs. We build and manage tech-enabled marketplaces for national and local healthcare talent and deliver contingent labor management solutions through our proprietary software platform.
At Aya, we’re obsessed with creating exceptional experiences for our clients, clinicians and employees. In fact, we put employee satisfaction above all else. Our team members are responsible for incomparable customer experience and we know that happy employees are critical to maintaining happy clients. We foster an entrepreneurial, high-energy, low-bureaucracy culture and value innovative thinking and creative problem solving. We embrace diversity in thought and backgrounds unified by a commitment to high achievement. When you join Aya, you’ll be surrounded by teammates who care about you as an individual and leaders who will help you grow both personally and professionally.
- Serve as a technical expert in the evaluation and testing of the capabilities, characteristics and requirements of existing and emerging information systems technologies.
- Make recommendations as to feasibility of implementation of modified or new technologies and / or frameworks
- Maintain and apply strong understanding of business practices to effectively fulfill responsibilities while working on multiple high-priority tasks
- Work on infrastructure backlog tasks as assigned
- Participate in scrum agile development process
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent is preferred
- 3+ years’ of proven experience managing technical teams and delivering on goals
- .Net Core, Angular 2+ and NativeScript experience are a plus
- Experience developing with .NET and C# and technologies such as WEB API are a plus
- Track record of delivering projects and collaborating with leaders across the organization
- Experience with SOA, Web Services and large distributed systems
What We Offer:
- Free premium medical, dental, life and vision insurance.
- Generous 401(k) match.
- Celebrations! We hit our goals and reward ourselves. Company-sponsored virtual events, happy hours and team-building activities are always on the horizon — plus, you get a special treat on your birthday!
- Unlimited PTO — we believe in time off!
- Virtual yoga, meditation or boot camp classes offered daily.
Aya Is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including Disability / Vets, and welcomes all to apply. Please click here for our EEO policy.