Software Engineering Manager - Styling Services at Stitch Fix (Remote)
Our engineering team is made up of people from varied industries, including engineers who built and scaled large, well-known organizations. We build modern software with modern techniques like TDD, continuous delivery, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. Cross-functional partnerships are deeply meaningful to us and are how we’ve built up immense trust with the people running the business. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems and are designed in a sustainable way so that value continues to deliver in the long term. In fact, some of our proudest moments come from solving business problems without writing a line of code.About the Role
Stitch Fix’s Styling Services engineering team is looking for an experienced, people-focused, action oriented and empathetic Engineering Manager to join our team to help propel the next generation of our stylist facing technology forward. Our team creates world class software solutions that perform at scale under load. This team creates tools that are one of a kind, differentiating solutions.
You will manage a team of engineers building products and solutions that live at the core of providing delightful Fixes for Stitch Fix clients and productive tooling for Stitch Fix stylists. As an integral leader in the organization, you will spend your time helping your team focus their time where they are needed most. Your commitment to applying technology to business challenges in innovative ways will make you a trusted advisor to your partners and your team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because...
- You are excited to be a part of a remote Silicon Valley technology team.
- You will have the opportunity to help guide, develop and continue to grow a passionate group of engineers building the future of technology at Stitch Fix.
- You will have a significant impact on the product offerings at Stitch Fix by helping guide your team’s development toward one of a kind capabilities and solutions.
- We work collaboratively as a distributed team across the US, and we use GitHub, Slack, and Zoom extensively to collaborate in a meaningful way.
- You will help us continue to develop new methods of collaborating with close partners across engineering and other teams.
We are excited about you because...
- You have 5+ years of experience cultivating and managing high-performing teams.
- You have 7+ years of experience building and rapidly scaling real time solutions.
- You treasure helping your team members grow and learn.
- You believe in clear and honest communication.
- You take a people-focused approach to leading and managing your team.
- You believe that strong teams are built on trust and autonomy.
- You clearly set and share your priorities with your team and partners.
- You understand and focus on what is right for the customer.
- You are passionate about building high-quality solutions, and know when to be pragmatic.
- You are flexible, dedicated to your craft and curious.
- You have experience helping teams improve and hone their development processes.
About the Technology
Technologies we rely on to pursue solutions to business problems include things like:
- Ruby on Rails
While experience with any of these is a bonus, our primary focus is hiring a manager with a passion for their team first and foremost.
You'll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company.
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Full support for remote work -- it is part of our DNA and is been deeply embedded in our culture.
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to work-life balance, and have generous parental leave policies.
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts an extraordinary collection of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.