Software Engineering Manager - SRE at Beyond Limits (Los Angeles, CA)
Beyond Limits is seeking a high-energy, creative and passionate Senior Manager, Site Reliability Engineering to join our team. This is a leadership position at the intersection of DevOps, CloudOps, SecOps and Site Reliability Engineering and entails working with engineering to build out & maintain efficient development and cloud infrastructure systems interfacing with cutting-edge A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) technologies. This role has exposure to many different technologies and business verticals creating huge room for learning and professional growth.
- Be a hands-on lead for a team that is deploying and supporting enterprise SaaS applications in multiple environments
- Lead the strategy and automated implementation of highly repeatable processes for all aspects of the application delivery lifecycle, including CI/CD, continuous testing and validation, security scanning, system updates, health checks and redundancy
- Design, administer, package, deploy and manage systems and services on AWS and customer on-prem cloud
- Create & implement strategies for effective monitoring, alerting and logging and metrics of SaaS applications in public and/or private environments
- Collaborate in an agile manner with engineers, data scientists, product owners and other cross-functional teams to improve maintainability and reliability of services
- Enhance team’s technical capabilities as it pertains to the DevOps culture
- Have a strong desire and creative ideas on improving infrastructure security, resiliency and disaster recovery
- Serve as a technical SME for cloud services, providers, and platforms
- Ensure compliance with appropriate security standards
- Develop support guidelines and processes that improve troubleshooting, mean time to resolution and increase efficiency through automation and documentation
- Ensure that documentation, operational runbooks and processes are created and updated in a timely manner
- Lead team through vendor evaluations, external customer requests and systems integration needs in an efficient manner
- Define and set goals for the team and be a strong career mentor
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
- 10+ years of experience in SRE, DevOps and/or Cloud engineering, with at least 5 years in a management role
- Experience supporting 24x7 production services environments
- Passionate about DevOps automation, infrastructure automation, configuration management, observability and security
- Be well versed in administration tasks of managing & deploying Docker images, container orchestration with Kubernetes or equivalent
- Deep knowledge of major cloud technologies & concepts such as virtualization, containers, networking, etc.
- Demonstrated work with one or more Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- An unwavering bias for action and ownership
- A strong problem-solver mentality, and an intense curiosity about all things technology, operations & cloud
- Strong programming and scripting fundamentals in Python, Terraform, Shell or equivalent
- Familiarity with Cloud Security Ops topics such as intrusion, penetration, and vulnerability scanning
- Understanding of Network & Switches, VPN, Direct Connect, Routing, Firewalls
- Experience with GRC – Governance, Risk and Compliance – matters in the Cloud
Please note: This position is located in our Glendale, CA headquarters and is eligible to participate in the company's hybrid 3/2 work model.
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.