Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. Our full stack teams build and maintain features, frameworks, and tools to craft an excellent user experience in Meraki’s Dashboard. We operate across Meraki’s entire product line, from firewalls, switches, and wireless routers to security cameras and application analytics. Dashboard drastically simplifies the process of deploying and configuring distributed networks, enabling customers to debug networking issues in real time from anywhere. Its rich data visualizations help users detect trends in network traffic and foot traffic alike. Meraki Engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are problem solvers.ABOUT THE TEAM:
You will join as the leader of the Meraki Sensors Full Stack team. We are a new and fast paced group at Meraki that is expanding the simple and scalable Meraki approach to networking and applying it to sensing, monitoring and IoT. We are looking for a Leader who hungry to have a key role in defining and implementing the future for our sensor products. You will direct a team of engineers, providing them technical mentorship as well as planning the team’s roadmap. Your team’s mission is to provide the best in class, enterprise grade IoT experience through a simple on boarding and a flexible data platform. For this you will work with product managers and other teams like the Meraki Cameras in order to provide a holistic IoT experience.AS A MANAGER ON THE SENSORS TEAM YOU WILL FOCUS ON THE FOLLOWING:
- Direct your team to design and build features for the Sensors product line.
- Collaborate with our product management team to identify new features and scope out their specific needs.
- Select and follow appropriate agile and other software development principles so your team consistently delivers high quality, working software.
- Write performance reviews and encourage the professional growth of everyone on your team.
- Identify gaps in your team’s knowledge or ability to execute, and work with our recruiters to build out your team.
- Be a part of the leadership of the larger Sensors team: weighing in on development priorities, projects going on across the team, etc.
- BS degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in system software development.
- Interested in a leadership role because it allows you to work closely with others to help them achieve their best. Ideally you have at least a year of experience leading a team.
- Expertise with web application, API development and backend services
- Experience building rapidly growing systems that balance time to market, usability, reliability, and technical debt.
- Disciplined approach to development, testing, and quality.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Have experience with Big Data and visualizations and reporting at scale
- Have experience with IoT products like sensors or other industrial monitoring tools
Meraki is headquartered in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with breathtaking views of the Bay Bridge and the Bay beyond. There are also locations in San Jose and Chicago. All locations offer a generous benefits package.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco’s vaccination policy.