Software Engineering Manager FFAM (Remote Work From Home)
Our team continuously delivers reliable and scalable core services that make up the building blocks for most of our products. We also drive the leveraging of new technologies (Go (Golang), Kubernetes, and Cloud Infrastructure) across the company.
As part of our team, you will help build new services that are shared across the Freedom Financial Network Companies. An opportunity to participate in the design, architecture, development, and deployment of these new services (end-to-end) aimed at solving complex engineering problems that will benefit multiple teams across all of Freedom's products. You will find here a highly productive, collaborative, and innovative environment where your voice is heard.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will lead a cross-disciplinary agile development team(s) and take responsibility for delivering high-quality software that drives value for the business.
From your bed to your desk in 30 seconds! We're proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, CO, UT, OR, WA
In this role, you will have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a Software Engineering Manager, you will manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. You are expected to operate with scale and speed. Our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you will guide the way.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, coaching, career development, and feedback for team members
- Establish priorities and set expectations and accountability for members of the development team
- Foster an engaging and collaborative environment within and among teams
- Hire talented engineers that will thrive in this collaborative environment
- Help create and follow a technology vision, roadmap, and process
- Promote sound engineering practices through example and mentorship
- Work closely with the Product team and business stakeholders to understand and improve KPIs
- 7+ years' experience in software development and delivery
- 3+ years' experience building, leading, managing, and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
- Experience with languages like Go, Java, or C++
- Experience with developing loan origination/payment/servicing platforms.
- Key technologies this role will employ: Go (Golang), Kubernetes, GCP, Kafka, Swagger
- Experience with cloud-based large scale distributed systems and enterprise software development
- Experience with product roadmap planning, prioritization with product management
- Experience with communicating complex topics to stakeholders and business executives alike
- Being hands-on by contributing code weekly (outside the critical path) to stay connected with the team and their experience
- Prior experience with Lending platforms (Loan origination platforms) preferred.
- Reviewing code to ensure high coding standards are met
- Demonstrated experience with microservice architecture
- Ability to motivate and mentor junior members of the team
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace a healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there's a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted the Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks' paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don't: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we're passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.