Software Engineering Manager, Eng Productivity Tools & Services at Okta
Okta Engineering Services team is looking for a Software Engineer Manager to help us scale and increase velocity. In this role, you will be driving and perfecting our vision of Continuous Delivery, increasing the velocity and productivity of engineering. You will work with a wide range of stakeholders and partners, including Engineers, Architects, Operations, Program Management, and Quality. We have a great team driving innovative projects--join us and bring your ideas!Responsibilities:
- Ability to articulate and drive a technical, strategic vision and roadmap
- Communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization
- Hire, manage and maintain a team of stunning software engineers
- Build high quality tools and automation for internal use to support continuous delivery and developer productivity.
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to design and implement new tools/practice/technology
- Roll out deliverables to internal customers in phases, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to internal customers’ needs.
- 8+ years’ experience in engineering roles with 2+ years’ experience managing technical teams
- Experience in developing Continuous Delivery pipelines using Java, Jenkins, AWS, Docker, Python, Ruby, Bash
- Exposure to cloud infrastructures, such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience working with Gradle, Bazel, Artifactory, Docker registry, npm registry
- Experience in building internal developer tools
- Experience with AWS, its services, and its supporting tools (cost control, reporting, environment management).
- BS in CS or equivalent
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.