Software Engineering Lead at Govini (Pittsburgh, PA)
Govini is a decision science firm dedicated to transforming the business of national security through data science and machine learning. Through its National Security Knowledge Graph and Decision Science Platform, Govini delivers objective, decision-grade information at scale to the national security enterprise, so that leaders can better direct investments to innovation and modernization. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated Software Engineering Lead to join our Engineering team. As the Software Engineering Lead at Govini, you will be essential to crafting and implementing the software engineering processes and implementations within Govini. In order to do this job well, you must be obsessed with quality, efficiency, and love working with diverse technologies. You have a strong understanding of software engineering design principles, as well as a strong technical prowess. Our ideal candidate is someone who is energized by building scalable technology to support the defense and intelligence communities.
This is a team member position, working onsite in our Pittsburgh, PA office.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Lead software engineering efforts from ideation through implementation as well as the day to day of a small team containing both front-end and back-end software engineers
- Lead Agile ceremonies for the software engineering team
- Establish coding and testing best practices and standards for EngineersDevelop, test, and deploy modern software applications and new featuresOversee quality of Engineers’ deliverables, such as coding, testing, debugging
- Collaborate with Govini’s product team to turn business requirements into technical specifications
- Regularly seek out innovation and continuous improvement, finding efficiency in all assigned tasks
- Collaborate with data engineers, data scientists, QA engineers, and DevOps engineers to improve the overall quality and performance of the platform
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- 5 years of software development experience with an object-oriented programming language comparable to Java, C++, Python, C#, or Ruby
- Hands-on experience with Spring Boot, Quarkus, or similar technologies
- Knowledge of data structures, object-oriented design, algorithms, exception handling, and troubleshooting
- Experience writing SQL and implementing database design
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you thrive in ambiguity, are a self-starter, and care about solving technical problems in the national security domain, we’re eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.