Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
We are looking for an engineer who is located in Colombia or Mexico and is bilingual in English and Spanish.
As a mid-level Software Engineer you will:
- Foster a collaborative environment for you and your teammates to deliver high-quality, reliable, and well-tested features
- Collaborate with professionals across the organization to gain a shared understanding of the initiative
- Analyze requirements of the initiative and propose solutions that meet the requirements while balancing time and cost
- Create, modify or review code to implement the requirements of the initiative
- Be responsible for operating what you and your teammates built in production
- Ensure that the code meets performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability standards
- Create or modify a suite of tests to exercise the initiative’s functionality in an automated manner
- Ensure our customers and professionals continue enjoying the best possible experience
- Actively participate and lead discussions in team and project meetings
Who you are:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Strong software engineer with at least 4 years of hands-on development experience
- Experience in developing enterprise-level features in Java, Scala, or Ruby on Rails with an emphasis on functional programming
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Ability to work with and effectively communicate across multiple technical and non-technical teams
- Familiarity with microservices and creating RESTful APIs
- Understanding of React.js and Redux and their core principles
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Kafka
- Experience working with application monitoring tools such as New Relic
- Experienced with application monitoring strategies and Tools (New Relic, etc.)
- Experience with containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working with less experienced engineers, providing them with coaching and mentorship to help them become better engineers
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills and technologies
Compensation & Benefits:
- The anticipated salary band for this position is the local equivalent of $35,000 to $65,000 USD.
- Actual compensation offered may vary based upon factors such as experience, location, and exchange rate.
- This position comes with competitive benefits including health insurance, flexible time off, and more
- This position comes with a competitive performance package
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world