Software Engineer at DAT Freight & Analytics (Remote)
DAT is an award-winning employer of choice and a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 44 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 227 million freight posts in 2021, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. We have co-headquarters in Portland, OR and Denver, CO, and additional offices in MO, TX, and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.
DAT Solutions is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Beaverton, Oregon.
This remote, work from home opportunity, is open to applicants who are full time residents of the following states:
AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, ME, MI, MN, MT, MO, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
A Software Engineer at DAT is responsible for designing and implementing the software that drives our SaaS platform. In this role, you will work with cutting edge tools to develop code that is reliable, maintainable, and scalable. You’ll work full stack, from building microservices in AWS, to creating compelling experiences on the web.
What You’ll Do
- Work across the stack to from UI to database
- Leverage AWS to deliver efficient, cloud-native solutions
- Write unit, integration, and functional tests, and work with others in doing the same
- Design and develop REST APIs and other code that is reliable, maintainable, and extendable
- Participate in design/code reviews
- Document software designs and project tasks
- Review functional requirements and analyze their impact on software design
- Work with team members to improve development processes and practices
The Skills and Experience You’ll Bring
- Practical experience with object oriented languages such as Java, Kotlin or similar
- Knowledge of Server Frameworks such as Spring Boot, Node
- Familiarity with Cloud-Native Development such as in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience designing and building REST APIs
- Experience writing unit tests using test frameworks such as JUnit, Mokito
- Team-first mindset, effective communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in software development
- Experience being part of an Agile development team
- Knowledge of Modern Web UI Frameworks such as Angular or React
- Knowledge of Design Principles and Patterns
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)