Software Engineer at Enveda Biosciences (Remote)
About Enveda Biosciences
Enveda Biosciences is a biotechnology company building the first high-resolution chemical map of the natural world to tackle the toughest problems in drug discovery. Enveda’s platform is the world’s most advanced drug discovery search engine for dark chemical space, building on years of cutting-edge advancements at the intersection of metabolomics and machine learning. Complementing its breakthrough technology, Enveda’s team includes seasoned drug hunters with decades of experience in the pharmaceutical industry working alongside world-leading data scientists. For more information on Enveda, visit envedabio.com.
As a Software Engineer at Enveda, you will responsible for defining, developing, and maintaining a core set of enabling libraries and tools using cutting-edge technologies. You will work closely with Data Scientists, DevOps and Data Engineers to deliver scalable, robust solutions.
- Design and build scalable microservices, and web technologies that support product initiatives.
- Build reusable packages and libraries
- Work closely with the data science, biology and data teams.
- Deliver scalable production-ready solutions.
- Write and peer review maintainable, high quality, and well tested code.
- Ensure that all software solutions are secure, versioned, performant, reliable, observable, traceable and testable.
- Work efficiently and flexibly with team members across multiple geographies.
- Clearly communicate the status of projects, challenges, results, and proposed paths forward across internal and external stakeholders, teams, and time zones.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure (S3, EC2)
- Experience with Agile methodologies, with a strong focus on lean thinking and quick iterations
- Strong programming background that incorporates methodologies like data structures, design patterns, OOP, and test driven development.
- Experience developing with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Experience with a SPA framework (React, Vue)
- Experience with REST API or GraphQL
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Work well within a fast-paced, dynamic, results- and team-oriented start-up environment.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit resourcefulness to do more with less in a startup environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve and discover any underlying causes to address trends.
- Be able to work in the US.
Key Skills and Capabilities:
- BS (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or related field of study.
- 3+ years of proven experience designing and developing production level software.
- Previous experience at a biotech is a plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Opportunity to earn an equity stake in a fast-growing company with venture backing from leading funds.
- Opportunity to learn and collaborate with world class technologists and scientists.
- Ability to influence and drive key decisions.
- Healthcare coverage.
Location: Boulder, CO, Pittsburgh, PA, Remote