We are looking for a Software Engineer who will work on technical aspects of designing, implementing, testing of various initiatives in Middle Office Platform API Group. The role expects significant engineering knowledge in complex server-side applications, including new feature work, improvements on existing code, and active participation in designing and shipping the product.
- Act as a contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver value.
- Develop business solutions by creating new, and modifying existing, software applications.
- Utilize innovative approaches to solve complex technical problems and apply advanced technical principles, theories and concepts to develop products.
- Manage, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent software development project activities. Projects will involve working with offshore team members who work from different locations.
- Carry out the analysis of requirements, interact with product and business counterparts, conduct full lifecycle application development.
- Utilize object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD), perform software modeling and simulation, build proof of concept with newer technologies and maintain code quality.
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on with 1+ years of experience in any programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in Perl & Shell Script on Unix/Linux platform.
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP, IDL, gRPC and API design for extensibility and portability
- Experience writing SQL queries for Sybase / Oracle, or another Relational Database is required
- Working experience in C/C++, Go Lang, Perl & Shell Script are preferred and/or willing to learn
- Working knowledge of cloud, service mesh and containers is a plus
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills
- Ability to use version control software such as GIT
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Creative thinker, self-starter, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and team orientation.
- Ability to carry out all the duties of the position efficiently and effectively
- Experience in financial domain is a plus
More Information on Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley operates in the Financial Services industry. The company is located in Rochester, NY, New York, NY, Purchase, NY, Conshohocken, PA, Baltimore, MD, Richmond, VA, Westlake, OH, Beavercreek, OH, Tampa, FL, Kansas City, MO, Omaha, NE, New York, NY, San Francisco, CA and San Francisco, CA. Morgan Stanley was founded in 2022. It has 87899 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 427 open jobs at Morgan Stanley, click here.
Read Full Job Description