Welcome is on a mission to help HR and People teams build lasting relationships with their candidates and employees. Powered by real-time compensation and equity data, we provide accessible, equitable, and transparent compensation data to help teams make informed decisions. Securely integrated with hundreds of existing HR tech stack, we also provide seamless experiences for teams to benchmark and scale their compensation philosophy. Join us as we redefine and reimagine the future of compensation data.
Welcome is looking for Software Engineers to join our growing team. You will work in lockstep with the engineering, product design, and product management to craft our product experiences for HR teams, candidates, employees, and internal stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to own and drive product strategy across our stack. You’ll need to leverage the entire software stack to help us realize our goals, and you’ll be a part of a team that’s tackling difficult questions of scale, architecture and interaction.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the development, design and architecture of the Welcome platform.
- Build robust client-side applications in ReactJS ( Frontend & Fullstack candidates)
- Architect scalable backend systems in languages like Python
- Containerize systems and services in Docker
- Automate key processes such as deployments, recurring tasks, and other flows
- Participate in the entire product creation process with Product and Design, including user interviews, design meetings, technical architecture decisions, and resulting implementation.
- Work with other engineers to continually improve our process, tooling, monitoring, and instrumentation
- Develop software products & practices that increase the velocity of our engineering team
- Ensure applications and services meet Welcome’s standards for software including performance, scalability, and security.
Who you are:
- You have at least 3+ years of experience with a proven history of working across the stack and building product at scale
- You care about building great products and never lose sight of the end user.
- You are comfortable taking abstract requirements and creating software that is easy to test, maintain, extend and contribute to.
- You have experience integrating and building with 3rd party APIs
- You communicate effectively both in written form and on your feet.
- You’ve worked closely and effectively with Product Designers and Product Managers
Who we are:
- Pragmatic: Engineers at Welcome are entrepreneurial and innovative, rapidly delivering amazing user experiences in the short term while building things in a way that allows for reusability and maintainability over the long term.
- Collaborative: Engineers at Welcome are collaborative and work cross-functionally by default, working closely with designers, engineers, and product management daily.
- Transparent: Our mission is one of openness and transparency and we want to work with folks who embody the same values in their work. We're 100% distributed and remote, so over-communication isn't just nice to have, it's critical.
- Mission-driven: We believe we can make compensation significantly more fair and equitable and want to work with others who are similarly inspired.