Software Engineer at Menlo Security Inc. (Remote)
Menlo Security's mission is enabling the world to connect, communicate and collaborate securely without compromise. COVID-19 has made our mission all the more real. We support customers across various enterprises including Fortune 500 companies, 9/10 of the largest global banks and the Department of Defense.
The world has fundamentally changed. We are growing from 400 employees into the next phase of our journey, and we need passionate talent filled with empathy and agility. The right candidate for the job is ethical, hyper-organized, fanatical about seeing things through to completion, service-oriented, and humble enough to take feedback and coaching yet confident enough to provide feedback and coaching.
Menlo is well-funded for growth and our investors are second to none. They include Vista Equity Partners (“Vista”), General Catalyst, JPMC, American Express, HSBC, and Ericsson Ventures.
- Evaluate and implement the latest development and deployment technologies for API design, highly available and scalable distributed systems, multithreaded/asynchronous applications with performance and security in mind
- Technically lead large scale projects, and participate in building, deploying and operating the Menlo Security platform and provide mentorship to junior engineers
- Architect, design, develop and own new features and services and be a key contributor to Menlo’s technical roadmap
- Partner with product, security, operation, and other cross-functional stakeholders to align on requirements and schedules
- 3+ years of experience in cloud computing technologies or related technical fields
- 5+ years of hands on backend development experience using one or more programming languages such as Python and Node.js
- Solid experience with Cloud and Core AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC, and SW development tools such as Git, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, etc.
- Solid experience with complex data structures and database and analytics technologies such as Redis, Postgres, MySQL and Druid
- Ideally have experience of: Linux, Tornado, C/C++, Go, systemd, monit, git, bash, cgroups/runc/libcontainer or docker
- Experience in adapting and improving engineering best practices (e.g. test-driven development, continuous delivery, scrum practices, automation, Maintainable and testable code etc.).
- Strong knowledge of HTTP security is highly desirable
- Experience with FedRamp and SOC 2 certification is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, and strong ability to learn new things with little guidance
- Highly organized and thorough with critical attention to detail and documentation.
- BS/BA or relevant experience preferred
Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, and fun! We have five core values: Stay Aligned, Get It Done, Customer Empathy, Think Creatively and Help Each Other Out. We believe in open communication, supporting new ideas, and sharing a mutual mindset of what we’re aiming to achieve together. There are tremendous opportunities to take initiative, implement new ideas, and have a hand in building a legacy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Menlo Security outside of the Talent organization. Menlo Security’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Greenhouse (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned by the Talent team to a specific requisition. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Menlo Security. In the event a candidate submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.