Software Engineer (Remote) at KUNGFU.AI
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:14 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, March 29, 2022
KUNGFU.AI transforms companies from AI curious to AI first. From sparking big ideas to practical delivery, we multiply business value. We are a boutique consultancy that builds high value AI for customers. We guide our customers on their AI journey, exploring a world of possibilities and then grounding that with a roadmap and practical deliverables that are embedded into their products and processes. Our curious engineers continually research the latest AI techniques. We use that knowledge to build bespoke AI solutions for customers that multiply their business value.
Previous experience with AI/ML is not required! As a Software Engineer at KUNGFU.AI, you will sit at the intersection of cutting-edge machine learning and software engineering. You will be responsible for instilling best practices, providing expert guidance on client calls, and helping craft a variety of solutions. You will join a team of experienced engineers and entrepreneurs bringing practical AI solutions to the market.
This is a collaborative role that is for someone who wants to mentor and pair program with team members in order to instill best practices, clean code, and efficient solutions on concurrent projects.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Working with a world-class team of engineers to build state-of-the-art machine learning systems.
- Understanding business requirements and crafting software that meets or exceeds client needs.
- Evaluating and recommending tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality software development.
- Collaborating on the creation and implementation of best practice engineering methods, policies, and processes.
What we're looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience in software development.
- Advanced proficiency in Python.
- Experience working in cloud environments, including AWS, GCP, and/or Azure.
- Due to the nature of our work we are subject to ITAR, therefore this person must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- Knowledge of good design practices - including, but not limited to, design patterns, SOLID principles, twelve-factor methodology, and building highly scalable, reliable, and maintainable production systems.
- Production level experience with Docker, relational databases, and REST APIs.
- Hands-on experience with common cloud architecture paradigms such as container registries, blob storage, identity and access management (IAM), auto-scaling services, provisioning cloud resources with GPU’s, security enhancements, and others.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of conveying complex systems to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ideally, you’ll have experience working in early-stage companies and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ideally, experience working in professional services firms.
What’s in it for you:
This is a full-time remote position.
Compensation includes competitive salary, company stock grant, top (‘gold’) level of health, dental and vision insurance (KUNGFU.AI covers 100% of your premiums and 50% for any dependents), health and dependent flexible spending accounts, short- and long-term disability insurance, unlimited vacation (that you're encouraged to take), paid parental leave, and more.
If this opportunity gets you fired-up, we can’t wait to meet you! Please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you’re passionate about the idea of joining KUNGFU.AI and a great fit for this role.
Note: Due to ITAR compliance and regulations we are only able to hire US Citizens and Green Card Holders.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture that’s professional and hardworking, while also fun, collaborative and open. We are proud to be the first company to take The Startup Diversity and Inclusion Pledge, which one of our co-founders started. We actively encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce fosters more creative ideas, conversations, and results. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation such as a wheelchair accessible interview room or alternate formats for materials.
We also believe in using AI for Good in both our client projects and our corporate philanthropy, where we dedicate time to work on pro bono projects for the greater good.
We value passion, courage, and original thinking.
You should take ownership over the things you build and be eager to learn new skills.
You should have a passion for teamwork and making others around you successful.
You should be a self-starter and have a strong work ethic.
We are an early stage company, so we all perform work outside of our job description every day, and you should expect to be given and take opportunities to do the same.
More Information on KUNGFU.AI
KUNGFU.AI operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in Austin, TX. KUNGFU.AI was founded in 2017. It has 45 total employees. To see all 6 open jobs at KUNGFU.AI, click here.
Read Full Job Description