Pluralsight is the technology workforce development company that helps teams build better products by knowing more and working better together. Using our Skills and Flow products, teams can develop critical skills, improve processes and gain insights through data.
We build this exciting product ecosystem by working with smart people and uniting behind a passion for what tech can create. We're a group of good-natured, nimble go-getters dedicated to helping people and businesses build better with technology. That means when we see opportunities to create, we go for it. We don't let the unknown stop us from solving challenges and winning together. And most importantly, we treat each other like adults. If you can see possibilities where others see problems, have candid conversations to ensure all voices are heard and thrive in a collaborative environment, you'll do some of the best work of your career here.
Are you interested in helping our amazing authors find opportunities to create more content?
We are currently hiring a Software Engineer for our Author Home team, which does exactly that. This team has built a marketplace for authors to apply for courses as well as monitor their revenue. This is used daily by our authors and curriculum teams.
We're looking for someone that is able to tackle meaningful problems independently and prioritize the work that needs to get done, as well as collaborate with a cross-functional team to solve larger issues.
If you're passionate about data, innovation, and using technology to unlock the future and would be interested in working with product designers, product managers, and other engineers, we'd love to hear from you.
Ways we work:
- Software Craftsmanship - we want to be proud of our work.
- Test-Driven Development - we own our product from design thru deployment without QA engineers
- Pair programming - we value collaborative development
- Continuous Delivery - we independently ship code on a regular basis!
- Kanban & Lean - no more backlog grooming, no more T-shirt size estimating, no more story points!
- Autonomous & responsible teams - making their own product, dev, and process choices
- Multi-functional teams - collaborating through all phases of the product dev process
- Customer research - we build what our customers actually want
- Trusting leaders - who empower us to build the right solutions for our customer
You'd be an outstanding fit if you have:
- Experience building software with NodeJS, TypeScript, ReactJS, and Postgres.
- Experience writing unit tests, performing code reviews, and participating in design discussions about architecture, data shape, and business logic.
- Experience designing, building, or supporting highly-performant distributed systems.
- A desire to be a lifelong learner growing your current skills while acquiring new ones.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related or equivalent experience; or 3+ years with an advanced degree.
- Good communication skills, ability to partner with product and design, and collaborate on multi-functional teams
- You have shown you are a strong collaborator, a trusted teammate, and are skilled at resolving and working through different ideas.
Working at Pluralsight
We don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our dedication to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, willingness to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.