Software Engineer at Okta
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
Enterprises using Okta today include Activision, Allergan, BMC Software, Groupon, Informatica, LinkedIn, Purolator and SAP. The hundreds of enterprises, thousands of cloud application vendors and millions of people using Okta’s identity management service form the foundation for the industry’s fastest growing, vendor neutral Enterprise Identity Network. Okta’s Enterprise Identity Network seamlessly and securely connects organizations, applications, and people, anywhere, anytime, from any device.
We are looking for a software engineer to join the team that creates Okta’s Delegated and Distributed Admin products.
Our team owns the admin roles framework. We are currently working on developing the IAM framework for all of Okta. This framework will be used to enable our custom admin roles platform. Our future roadmap includes the development of a framework to allow our Enterprise customers to push user groups, app config and policies to their various orgs. In short, we have highly visible and challenging features on our roadmap and we are looking for someone who is excited by this opportunity.
The ideal candidate will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to be part of a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Own your work end to end - this includes going through a design review, delivering the code and finally, ensuring we have the requisite monitoring and alerting in place
• Implement code written structured for metrics monitoring and logging, perform peer reviews
• Develop solutions that address our scalability challenges as our customer data set continues to grow
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- 3+ years of software development experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
- Experience working with a system of scale
- Strong engineering fundamentals. You know your data structures, algorithms, OOP, SQL.
- Strong understanding of server side technologies: caching and asynchronous processing
- Prior experience working on UI technologies (e.g. React, Backbone) highly desirable
- Prior experience designing highly-available RESTful APIs desirable
Education and Training:
• Bachelors Degree majoring in Computer Science
An overview of our tech stack:
• We use open source frameworks such as React, Hibernate and Spring Boot
• We run on best of breed infrastructure including MySQL, GitHub, Redis, Kinesis and Elasticsearch
• We make extensive use of virtualization and containers: AWS, Vagrant, Docker
• Our weekly production releases are made possible by Continuous Integration and