Software Engineer at ActiveCampaign (Remote)
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don't just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
We're looking for pragmatic software engineers with experience building engaging experiences in complex web applications. Our ideal candidate has experience throughout the technology stack on horizontally scalable cloud architecture, but we're interested in considering candidates with any experience. We value iteration, customer focus, and humility above all.
Recently on the internal services team, we've used PHP in the following ways:
You can help us extend and scale our marketing platform. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development.
What your day could consist of:
- Work closely with your autonomous, cross-functional team to deliver experiences that meaningfully improve the lives of our customers and internal teams
- Teach as much as you learn, mentoring a growing team
- Find the best tool for the job to create thoughtful customer journeys through our platform
- Own the entire implementation from database to API to UI
- Build, test, and ship features confidently and with low friction through a modern GitLab continuous integration / continuous deployment pipeline
- Add new features in PHP
- Help us move our PHP monolith to Python FASTApi microservices
- Help us move to a multi-region data center
What is needed:
- Relentless focus on our customer's experience
- Experience building and shipping scalable applications in PHP and/or Python or another object oriented language
- Opinions on software testing
- Experience as a mentor or an apprentice
- Fluency in other programming languages and platforms is nice, but not required
- Experience with MVC frameworks a plus (Laravel, Flask, FASTApi)
- Experience with ORM frameworks a plus
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here , but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees' ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.