Software Engineer at Wing
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for Software Engineers to join our Software Products & Services team based in Palo Alto, CA.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in full life-cycle software development including requirements, design, development, testing, and support of new features and capabilities
- Solve hard problems as we scale Wing operations
- Work on one of the following teams:
- Marketplace - deliver features across our mobile and web apps providing high quality experiences to Wing’s customers as we rapidly expand our business
- Flight Services - build the backend APIs and software that ensure safety of flight, compliance with local regulations, orchestrate and manage all of Wings delivery and flight test operations, command and monitor Wings drones in flight.
- Technical Infrastructure - build the systems and automation that power Wing's fleet of autonomous drones around the world, and integrate human operations with automated device management
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Strong foundation in data structures, software design, and algorithms or systems automation
- Fluency with an OOP language
- Passion for aviation, drones, or related technologies
- Experience developing your own side projects or participation in open source projects with ideas you’re passionate about
- Experience or interest in IoT, Linux, embedded systems or other software/hardware integration
- Experience or interest in user experience and human centered design