Software Engineer at A Cloud Guru
Authorization is at the foundation of the Pluralsight platform; giving the right people the right access is essential to a secure and consistent user experience. As Pluralsight works to build more flexible packaging options, the Authorization team gets to tackle some engaging problems. As a Software Engineer, you will work with the team to ensure we get the experience right - including a reliable, scalable Authorization product. This role is essential to our success in crafting a more customizable user experience, allowing our product to get into more learners' hands.
Who you're committed to being:
- You drive healthy team discussion. You bring thought-provoking questions and contribute to psychological safety. These discussions lead to powerful findings and action items for the entire team.
- You value the contributions of those around you and while you regularly provide valuable engineering leadership. You also embrace opportunities to let other team members lead and make decisions.
- You collaborate and decide on solutions with your team rather than dictate solutions to them. You prefer to use leadership and persuasion, rather than title and authority, to encourage and lead others.
- You value finding that ideal solution that balances the technical needs of the system with the strategic needs of the business. You feel a pragmatic urgency around delivering value to customers and see how engineering excellence unlocks our ability to deliver. Delivering to customers energizes you and your drive inspires those around you.
What you'll own:
- You'll be responsible for the development and stewardship of the Authorization microservice.
- You will write and maintain code written in C# on .NET Core.
- Providing a secure experience - don't let people have more access than they should.
- Providing an easy-to-use product through both APIs and internal tooling.
- A consistent, reliable product - uptime and response time matter.
- You will work on a team that practices mob programming.
- You will work closely with the entire team (including Product) to build products with powerful impact.
- You will work as a team to uncover the best ways of working to drive lean product development.
- You will develop a solid understanding of how the systems you own work with other microservices and the overall system architecture.
Experience you'll need:
- You are comfortable programming in C# or similar object-oriented, strongly-typed language.
- You have demonstrated a deep concern for the psychological safety, welfare, and success of your team and the entire organization.
- You have demonstrated a dedication to and passion for Pluralsight's values and Pluralsight engineering practices in the way you work and engage with others.
- You understand and can navigate sophisticated issues around application performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
- You have demonstrated that you are a strong collaborator, a trusted teammate, and are skilled at resolving conflict.
- You have experience delivering software frequently, and building robust deployment pipelines.
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and build progress for the world.