Indigov is looking for a full-stack engineer to support our rapidly growing customer base and expansion into new markets. In this role, you will help design and implement solutions focused on supporting these new markets, including Governors, Attorney Generals, and local municipalities. Creating mature tools and processes to ensure our organization scales with our customer base, your ideas and code will have a tremendous impact on the direction of our product from the very first month. If you are interested in working on a high-performing remote team with interesting problems to solve, this is the job for you!
What You'll Do:
- Work across the stack, enhancing our existing SaaS platform, and create new features and services for our rapidly growing customer base
- Write concise, legible, maintainable code
- Consistently ship features, services, and improvements to the Indigov platform in a secure, well-tested, and stable way
- Build products, systems, and services that impact our customers and their constituencies
- Own solutions end to end, managing complexity and stakeholders directly
- Contribute to technical, design, and product initiatives with leaders across the company
- Make key architectural decisions about the development of the Indigov stack to future proof the company's products as much as possible
- Develop and track metrics to determine priorities and measure progress
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Partner closely with Product, Design, and Client Success teams to make key decisions about our newest feature development
- Ideate with other departments to better solve our customer's problems
- 2+ years of experience as a full stack engineer
- Comfortable in a modern web stack React, Typescript, Node, Rails
- Knowledgeable about technical architecture of web applications
- Ability to write high-quality and well-documented code
- Ability to write performant and extensible web components in React
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong portfolio of executed products, systems, and services that exist in production
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Ability to strongly articulate and defend your choices to peers and cross-functional team
- You are hard-working and feel a strong sense of ownership over your work
- You are able to work collaboratively in a team setting, communicating proactively
- You are curious, determined, and take ownership, an essential member of our team
- You have empathy for your coworkers and our customers
Ideal Candidates Are:
- Passionate about building beautiful and intuitive products that are moving Democracy forward.
- Accountable to one another, our clients, and the heavy responsibility of working with elected officials and constituents.
- Gritty as working with government and in a tech startup can be challenging, but the scale and importance of the problems we are solving more than make up for it. We are looking for folks that share that mentality.
Working at Indigov:
- Competitive compensation: We believe in equitable compensation, and practice what we preach. In addition to a competitive base salary, you can expect a 401(k), cost of benefits covered at 100% and equity.
- Health & Wellness: Flexible spending accounts to cover medical and dependent care, home office, and wellness stipend. 12+ weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unlimited PTO: with mandatory minimum time off, take a break to rest, recharge and refuel with our unlimited time off policy.
- High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, office space options
- Flexible & Remote-First: Choose a schedule that works for your lifestyle. Work from wherever you call home in the United States
- Mission-driven and values-based company culture that really, really matters to us!
- Drive the technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
- Equal opportunity employer & emphasis on diversity, inclusion, and belonging at Indigov
What We’re Doing:
Did you know it takes a member of congress, on average, 45 days to respond to even the most basic constituent request? We view this as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it. We believe technology can help bridge the gap between governments and the people they serve. We’re looking for passionate individuals to drive and build a modern constituent service platform for government.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for the modern representative. Our platform reduces average response times from weeks to minutes for 90% of incoming messages. After going through an exhaustive technical and legal review process with the House of Representatives and the Senate, we recently closed our Series B and are live in hundreds of offices across federal, state, and local governments. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy.
Who We Are:
We are a group of technologists and entrepreneurs passionate about increasing the efficiency of representative democracy for both representatives and those they serve. As of Summer 2022, we are about 75 employees and continuing to grow. We lead with our mission and values, and are committed to building and maintaining a positive and connected work culture.
Applying at Indigov:
Studies show that Women and People of Color are both less likely to apply to jobs without meeting every single requirement listed. If this role excites you and you feel that you’d be a great fit, even if you don’t meet every requirement above, please apply! Each and every application is carefully considered, and we’d love to see your resume. Feel free to include a note to share why you think you’d be a great fit if your resume is a little different than the profile above.
Read Full Job Description