Have you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing global startup that is disrupting the grocery industry? We are a dedicated team of professionals with a passion for grocery and who help grocers thrive by making sure our team at Takeoff thrives. Our core values are what drive our decisions every day. We foster an accessible, approachable, and supportive environment and work together to reach new milestones and motivate each other towards excellence. Our team is on a mission to transform the grocery industry for the better.
Are you looking to make an impact daily and help us disrupt a 100 year old industry? If so, please continue reading!
Takeoff Technologies, a Massachusetts-based tech company, is the creator of the world’s first automated micro-fulfillment center (MFCs) that transforms the way people access groceries. Our solution provides retailers with the most cost-efficient way to fulfill their online grocery orders, using automated, hyperlocal micro-fulfillment centers.
As a REMOTE-first company, we work EDT/EST hours. Candidates must be US based. If you happen to be local to Greater Boston, MA or New England feel free to visit the office, to meet with your team and enjoy the camaraderie.
Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and bringing groceries online presents a number of unique challenges. We don’t let that stop us! Our team is on a mission to transform the grocery industry for the better.
As a Software Engineer, you’re excited by engineering excellence. You're not just a coder, but someone passionate about solving complex business problems through innovation and fundamental engineering practices that scale. In our agile environment you will collaborate with a fully distributed, global engineering team, to revolutionize eGrocery fulfillment utilizing best-in-class cloud platform technologies like Google Cloud Platform and its latest suite of services.
We encourage our Engineers and business partners to think like owners, while continuing to innovate. Embrace the opportunity to utilize some of the latest technologies (CI/CD, microservice architectures, infinitely scalable stateless/serverless services managed with infrastructure-as-code, and edge technology platforms) to meet the needs of the dynamic, logistical challenges of delivering high-quality, perishable goods at the speed demanded by modern day consumers.
Desire skills and experiences:
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Strong understanding of cloud platforms. Knowledge of GCP and experience in building GCP-based solutions preferred, AWS or Azure experience welcome.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
- Experience with containers and container management platforms (preferably Kubernetes), highly available systems, infrastructure as code patterns and canary deployment approaches.
- Experience with serverless technologies, microservices architectures, web services, RESTful APIs, message queues and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Design and develop new GCP cloud-native services using Go/Golang.
- Write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code.
- Write automated tests and documentation.
- Maintain and improve existing code bases.
- Work across teams on common patterns and practices.
- Mentor and train other team members
- Partner with product, design, and peer engineering leads and managers.
- Participate in on-call duties (as needed).
- Experience in building GCP-based solutions
- Knowledge of Agile principles and Scrum or Kanban methodologies.
- Past experience working on a "remote-first" or "fully distributed" team
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
Reasons why we think you’ll love Takeoff:
- Your personal growth is our growth! We invest in your continued education and development.
- We’re disrupting a 5.7 Trillion dollar global industry with the latest technology
- Named one of Boston’s “Best places to work” 3 consecutive years running
- We believe in autonomy and reward those who take initiative
- We help make food more accessible by helping to eliminate “food deserts”
Benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package
- A continued focus and emphasis on work / life balance
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- Annual Fitness Reimbursement of $300
- 401(K) plan with a 5% company match(kicks in day one!)
- Unlimited PTO to ensure our team takes the necessary time off to recharge and be as productive as possible when they come back to work(this is very important to us!)
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 weeks of paid baby bonding leave for both parents
- Flexible spending/dependent care accounts
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
Still need more convincing as to why you should go ahead and apply? Take a look at what our employees are saying here https://www.takeoff.com/career about what the experience and day to day is like at Takeoff!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers’ unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company; we foster an environment where everyone has a voice and views the Takeoff team as their second family.
More Information on Takeoff Technologies, Inc.
Takeoff Technologies, Inc. operates in the eCommerce industry. The company is located in Waltham, MA. Takeoff Technologies, Inc. was founded in 2016. It has 245 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 3 open jobs at Takeoff Technologies, Inc., click here.
Read Full Job Description