Software Engineer at GlossGenius
Who We Are
We are a dynamic, ultra-rapidly growing company on a mission to disrupt the beauty and wellness technology space. We make powerful software that’s helping beauty and wellness salons and studios manage and grow their businesses through an integrated booking, payments and marketing platform. We're fundamentally changing the beauty industry and disrupting legacy software solutions with our affordable, elegant and easy-to-use solution.
We launched our first product in 2017 and we've rapidly grown to be one of the largest brands in the beauty and wellness tech industry -serving tens of thousands of businesses across the US that have millions of end clients (i.e., consumers of beauty services) with hundreds of millions of dollars in bookings annually on our platform.
We partner with some of the biggest brands in the industry and are backed by some of the top venture capital and strategic partners in the world.
Here are some highlights that we’re proud of:
- With no sales team, our customer base has grown almost exclusively through a robust word-of-mouth channel, which speaks to the strength of the product.
- Customers are obsessed with our products
- We launched gorgeous card readers that users are RAVING about
- Scaled to facilitate hundreds of millions $ in appointments and platform activity.
- Closed deals with the nation’s largest salon partners, validating GlossGenius as an industry-leading choice.
- Named “Best of the Best Salon Software” by leading industry publication Beauty LaunchPad.
We are a team of over 90 brilliant, ambitious, super smart and talented professionals obsessed with helping our customers grow and thrive with their businesses. While our headquarters is in New York City, we have teams working across the world in a number of countries.
We're currently looking to grow our engineering team significantly and are looking to fill more than 30 new engineering positions at the company.
In this role, you will be one of the engineers on one of our "product squads" where you will be responsible for delivering a number of large-scale product initiatives and will be building and owning key features, infrastructure and data that powers our platform. You will have high impact at a relatively small company for our user base. You will be responsible for tasks such as:
- Consistently generating simple and elegant designs that are easily deployed and debugged. Write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Working with Product Managers to prioritize roadmap initiatives and be involved in the product ideation process
- Working with UX/UI designers on design spec review to ensure that design specs align with development needs
- Taking high-level business requirements and developing the technical details behind them. Reviewing epics and projects critically and ensures they’re appropriately broken down and prioritized, and well understood by the team and are sized correctly for continuous deployment.
- Understanding your team's testing approach, and using quality metrics to identify gaps
- Architecting services and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling
- Fostering a security first mindset within your team
- Ensuring timely delivery of software epics
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field involving coding (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics) or equivalent technical experience
- You have experience working in a scaling startup or international tech product company
- You've worked in a variety of different platforms, in both high-level and low-level languages, and maybe even done front-end work — Full-stack experience is a huge plus!
- You've collaborated cross-functionally to create impactful
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.