Software Engineer at Do Not Use - MyCase, Inc. (Remote)
Founded in 2010, MyCase’s mission is to help law firms thrive with technology they love. Our products and services simplify law firm operations, giving legal professionals the time to do what they love most — serve their clients. We’re leaders in our industry, offering best-in-class products and services across lead management, payments, case management, reporting, and more. Our portfolio of solutions includes MyCase (Legal Practice Management Software), CASEpeer (Practice Management for Personal Injury Firms), Docketwise (Immigration & Case Management Software), ( Soluno (Legal Accounting), and Woodpecker (Legal Document Automation).
MyCase has thousands of users and we have only scratched the surface. We are constantly looking for talent to join our team to continue playing a key part in unlocking our potential. We’re revolutionizing the way our customers do business.
We want your ideas, your enthusiasm and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
What You’ll Do
- Your job is to write software that makes the company work well at scale; Make our systems work efficiently and reliably
- Work with an extremely talented team of engineers from diverse backgrounds and varied experiences
- Develop, test, document and release full-stack, end-to-end features for MyCase’s web application that supports over 12k customers and 35k users
- Participate in sprint planning and getting work done in two-week sprints
- Participate in code reviews as well as post-deployment site monitoring
- Research and evaluate new technologies that may improve our processes or code bases
What We’re Looking For
- Desire to be a part of culture that values quality, robustness and scalability while fostering innovation and excitement toward web architectures, spanning front-end and back-end layers
- Decide when to build from scratch and when to use existing tools.
- Passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You like to be an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- Understand the importance of balancing performance and usability
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures and software design
- 1+ years or writing scalable, production-ready code (tech stack doesn't matter -- it can be learned on the job!)
- Strong competence in building and scaling data flows
- Great at working with non-artificial intelligence: good team player, and exceptional communicator
- Ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excited about the ambiguity of an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing company, and able to juggle many projects and responsibilities
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms and ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we continue to learn from each other is an integral part of the MyCase culture. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.