Software Engineer at Guideline (Remote)
Guideline is looking for a Software Engineer to join our expanding engineering team. You will join a distributed team of 40+ including remote employees and employees based near our offices. As a Software Engineer on an agile team, you will build upon our growing line of products that bring the possibility of a safe retirement to more people. You will be able to work remote.What You Will Work On
- Bring modern software solutions to an antiquated financial industry using your expertise of building full stack software solutions.
- Build elegant software from the ground up by creating user interfaces, using message queuing infrastructure, streamlining operations and designing systems architecture.
- Work with a group of passionate technologists to help automate administrative tasks and build unique solutions to solve our users' problems.
- Lay the groundwork for further expansion into other financial services past 20,000 customers.
- 1+ years of experience building consumer-facing software products
- Experience programming in at least one backend language (like Ruby, Python, Go) and one modern frontend framework or rendering library (React, Vue, Angular)
- Working knowledge of relational databases, designing APIs, and security lifecycle best practices.
- Familiarity with (or want to learn) how to run modern distributed systems environments built with Kubernetes, Docker, and GCP
We understand that not everyone will be an expert in all of these areas on Day One. We value people and will consider someone with the fundamentals who wants to develop their skills.More About Guideline
Technology is the backbone of what we do. It allows us to automate many 401(k) administrative tasks, integrate with leading payroll providers, and build affordable retirement plans for the smallest businesses.
But our platform is powered by people—engineers, account managers, data analysts, retirement consultants, and many more. Together, we're creating a retirement platform that puts people first and empowers small business owners, their employees and the self-employed to not just retire, but arrive at a secure retirement.
In just a few years of operations, we've grown to over 30,000 clients and over $6 billion in assets under management—and have raised $344M with top-tier investors.Offer Package
- Great compensation package + Equity in the Company
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Matching
- 100% coverage of Health / Vision / Dental
- Generous parental leave policy