Software Engineer - UI - Flex at Twilio (Remote)
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a software engineer to be a key member of the Twilio Flex R&D unit. Flex is the first fully programmable cloud contact center. You would be one of the first engineers in Bangalore, India for the Flex R&D unit. Reporting to an Engineering Manager, you will play a key role in developing new capabilities for Flex with high quality, automation and observability, and will own your services end to end. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to influence and implement architectural solutions that will enable Twilio to achieve our goal of being the world’s most trusted customer engagement platform.
Twilio is looking for a strong Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of building product capabilities for enterprise native cloud applications, with an API first approach, has experience and exposure to the entire development lifecycle from idea to design, requirements to implementation, testing through deployment, and beyond into support. You will also:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related industry experience
- Experience with Micro Frontend architecture and implementation
- Experience with AWS, GCP or other public cloud infrastructure platforms. Multi-region deployment is a plus.
- Experience building distributed systems at scale based on microservices architecture.
- Experience with container technologies - Docker/Kubernetes.
- Extensive experience with REST API design and implementation.
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and caches.
- Familiarity with streaming systems such as Kafka, Flink, Spark
- Experience implementing modern automated testing and CI/CD pipelines. Develop, Test, Deploy your code.
- Expertise in configuration management for deploying, configuring, and handling servers and systems.
- Strong belief in automation over toil.
- Positive attitude and skills to learn and implement quickly in a small team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong expertise in solving sophisticated production issues.
- Familiar with Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- Previous experience with Contact Center and Customer Engagement solutions is a plus.
As a Software Engineer (L3), you will:
- Build, deploy and manage applications in AWS cloud.
- Work on full-stack development of platform tools and application services.
- Write automated unit tests and functional tests in a continuous integration and delivery environment.
- Understand sophisticated architectures and be comfortable working with different teams.
- Conduct performance analysis and capacity management.
- Own reliability for the team’s services and participate in an on-call rotation.
- Adapt and prioritize multiple issues in a highly agile and dynamic environment.
- Manage your work through the use of GitHub, Jira, and Twilio’s build/deploy systems.
- Collaborate with other team members, including Product team, to help influence, own, and improve solution offering.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies for software development and contribute to the testing of your code, delivery and maintenance of what you deploy to production.
- Rapidly acquire new technical skills and knowledge in a fast-paced, high-delivery environment.
- Help junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
Twilio Flex is an omni-channel contact center platform built on top of Twilio’s communications products. Flex is a truly innovative SaaS solution which incorporates programmability into every layer of the stack allowing our customers to create a unique solution that meets their needs. This creates an amazing opportunity as well as an exciting engineering challenge to deliver a capable SaaS product that we invite our customers directly into so that they can customize its use. In this role, you will work with other engineering teams to extend the feature set offering to customers and therefore the overall solution reach of Flex. Your success would deliver great customer experiences at major brands around the world (Twilio’s customers), and you would enable them to deliver better services to their customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, andinnovation, andd we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bangalore, India office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. You will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, India, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore, Sydney, and Tallinn.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]